Slowly adjusting to life in JHB

Hi, I am keen to meet fellow British people who live in Johannesburg.   I have been here since August last year and up until recently have been working from home. 

I enjoy hiking yoga and would welcome any advice on good hiking clubs (that will accept children) and Yoga studios.

Welcome on Expat.com FreelanceWriter ;)

Thank you for your introduction :)

The British expatriates in Johannesburg network page might help you in establishing some contacts.

Regards

Hello Ethan,

Apologies for taking so long to respond.  I had notification by email that you had responded, but I could not find out how to respond back and then figured out I needed to return to my original post and respond there.......... no I am not blond!  ha ha.

I noticed in your profile that you work in real estate.  I live in Fourways, but am looking to move from the current complex into a different one.  Maye something a bit more modern - slightly bigger house, but smaller garden to be honest.  If you have any hot tips on which complexes to keep an eye on, I would really appreciate it.

I am making friends in JHB, which is lovely.   I do love it here and a few years ago also lived in Cape Town, but most of my adult life has been in the UK.   I think at first one gets the impression that JHB is just shopping centres, which can be off putting.  I have realised there really is quite a lot to do and it is great being so close to mountains and somewhere a bit more "countryfied" (a word I made up!) JHB itself is a bit of a rat race. Also nice to know the Drakensberg is only 3 hrs away and the beach is only 6 hrs away!

Anyway thank you for your response and do keep in touch.

Tania x