Average salary and cost of living in malta

do you have any experience in customer support (german speaking)?

No,  i don't have experience, but i would like to try :D

can you send me a pm so we talk :)

@Cleo91

It depends on your level in building websites it should be fairly easy to find a job. Now, it depends what you do exactly, are you a web developer, or a graphic/web designer and what is your experience.

In average if you a junior web developer (1 yr of experience) you should expect something at 20-23K and the same goes if you are a web developer (maybe more on the 23K).

For your husband, I am not sure what's the market here for his profession, but I know one thing for sure; the construction industry is at all times high with developments happening everywhere in the island in a frenetic way.

Now, if you are looking for an easier country then Malta might be the right place for you, totally different from the situation in Germany.

However, Malta is getting more expensive year after year and that you should take into consideration. Minimum EUR600 for rent (all modern and furnished), EUR70-80 for utilities per month, EUR25 for monthly bus pass (unlimited), groceries per month for a couple should be at EUR350-400 a month. A drink out on average EUR2.5 a pint of beer EUR3.

It depends how fluent you are in German, if you are almost on a Native Level in that case you can get a customer support job with German language with fairly good wage at 24-25K per year, or a live dealer job at almost the same wage.

In general the IT sector is growing massively and there are numerous opportunities there with great career options.

Now, if Malta is a good place for you, no one else can take that decision but you. Generally expats who live in North Europe and then relocate to Malta, they tend to enjoy it. As I do, after living many years in the NL.

Best thing to do, is too book a 4 days trip around October (usually EUR50 both ways from Cologne) and visit Malta to get a better feeling.

IMPORTANT! I saw your are Croatian. That could be an obstacle for you as for Malta you will require work permit, it's easier from Croatians comparing with non-EU countries but you still need to get a work permit.

Something last, Malta is very different than North Europe, so forget about organisation, strict rules and tough regulation, forget the nature and green (but you will get sea) and forget quit days and nights. This island is quite busy and noisy. As for the rest is generally an easy life here.

Hope it helped a little bit.

Student_In_Malta wrote:

@Cleo91

IMPORTANT! I saw your are Croatian. That could be an obstacle for you as for Malta you will require work permit, it's easier from Croatians comparing with non-EU countries but you still need to get a work permit.

replace "could" with "will" and then your sentence is correct - at least in present

however, she said they plan to come next summer and after June 2018. Croat nationals wont need work permit any more

I am thinking to move Malta. What is the embryologist or gynecologist salary in Malta?
Private hospital and public hospital?

When I was working a full time accounting job in gaming, I made €30k. Now I'm freelance and temp, and I bill between €8 and €24 per hour, depending on the type of work and client. I live comfortably and save a little, but I don't have a car and I don't travel, so I have a fairly low cost of living.

I have emailed a few agencies in Malta about salaries. Following comments on this site the average salary is €14000. Is that after taxes?
I am looking at operative positions, logistics, manufacturing or labouring.. if thiis salary is before tax it would be impossible to pay €500 rental a month...am i right???? Thanks

Yes, €14,000 is very unrealistic. There was a time a person could live on that salary in Malta, but now there is no way, unless you live with your family and don't pay rent.

Do not accept a job for less than €24,000 gross annual salary.

georgeingozo wrote:

10-15,000 is typical annual salary

yeah right

anywhere else but not on Malta :lol:

DogTom wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

yeah right

You may care to look at this link which shows the average wage in Malta from 2001 to 2017 was €14,000pa

https://tradingeconomics.com/malta/wages

Ray

DogTom wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

yeah right

You might also note that the post you commented on was from 2011!

Ray

It's primarily not a question of the salary itself, but the cost of living.
At least over the past 5 years, I could not notice any no significant rise in salaries (except certain languages in the iGaming sector), but the cost of living (mainly accommodation and shopping) grew tremendously  :o
Everything became much more expensive, but - in my humble opinion - life quality went down.

is there anyone knows the minimum salary of construction worker?

alcntara wrote:

is there anyone knows the minimum salary of construction worker?

For a labourer, probably no more than about €5 per hour. If not on the books then may well be less!

Ray

Please see: Minimum Wages in Malta (Gross):

http://yesitmatters.com/resources/emplo … 8237f-3b5a

Dear fellow expats,

I am currently based in Spain and planning to move to Malta to take up a ACA training contract with Deloitte/KPMG/PwC.

I have had interviews with couple of them, but none disclosed the salary for the entry level/junior associate salary at this stage.

Is it possible to know whats the salary for an entry level associate at the Big 4 firms in Malta.

Is there any flexibility (meaning is it negotiable?, considering that i have some work experiences, not in accounting though?!)

I would highly appreciate any insights or tips on the above.

Cheers!

georgebrotherhood621 wrote:

Dear fellow expats,

I am currently based in Spain and planning to move to Malta to take up a ACA training contract with Deloitte/KPMG/PwC.

I have had interviews with couple of them, but none disclosed the salary for the entry level/junior associate salary at this stage.

Is it possible to know whats the salary for an entry level associate at the Big 4 firms in Malta.

Is there any flexibility (meaning is it negotiable?, considering that i have some work experiences, not in accounting though?!)

Cheers!

@georgebrotherhood621

Given the alleged absence of salary disclosure, deduce your own conclusions.

Companies that employ majority Maltese tend to pay lower salaries. When you interviewed, did you see mostly Maltese people and hear people speaking Maltese?

Since you know the companies and the job, you might get better information on Glassdoor.com.

Thanks you.

It was fully in English.

I had already checked glassdoor, not much information in there regarding the salaries.

georgebrotherhood621 wrote:

Dear fellow expats,

Cheers!

Take it with a grain of salt as I don't know the industry, but most entry level jobs here as far as I know range from 17-21k euro per year.