Living in Mozambique

You are living in Mozambique, or you used to live in Mozambique.

Share your experience!

How would you describe your life in Mozambique?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Mozambique?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Mozambique?

thanks in advance for your participation

go to Gorongosa National Park just once in your time in Mozambique... walk amongst herds of sable and oribi and let your soul jump for joy on top of Mount Gorongosa (get necesaary community permission first of course).  This is one of the must-dos in Mozambique for all residents and ex-pats alike...

Im relocating my family very shortly and would like to get information on good english medium schools in Mozambique, Where to live as for work i am a contractor and have work in Maputo.

There are English-medium schools in Maputo, Beira, Chimoio, Nampula and Tete. In Maputo you have 2 main choices, the International School (near Hotel Cardoso) and the American School (near the Marginal on the road towards Costa do Sol). Both have decent reputations. In addition there are Portuguese and French schools in Maputo. I can give details on the other schools if you are interested in other parts of the country

Hi, IŽm looking for people from Spain who live in Mozambique, could you help me, please?
Thanks!

Try the Spanish Embassy, they should have a list of contacts or be able to invite you to events with other Spaniards. There are a few Spanish in Beira, working for fishing companies, so I am sure there must be a few in Maputo as well. Another way would be to put a free advert in one of the free e-zines (Beira News, Minfo, LM and so on)

I'm Spanish and I live in Maputo, (depois 3 weeks only).  But I don't know any other Spaniards here!  Don't know where they're hiding...

Hi,

I'm from Spain and I arrived in Maputo two weeks ago. I expect to be here for some months for business purposes.

Are you based in Maputo?. If so, I guess we can meet some time in Mundo's to see Spanish football or enjoy some live music :-)))

Saludos
Joaquim

My family (wife and 3 kids) are on our way to Beira. Looking for a nice house, new friends and some fun....Lots of work to do but weekends should be free....We are South African so the mandatory Braai is a must, fishing and camping is top of the agenda.....ok maybe camping not so high on the priority list but the beach is a must...

me too scanner

Hey Folks,
Any opportunities or challenges for a portuguese bachelors in transport and logistics management with professional training certification?
I'm looking for a new challenge and move from Portugal to Mozambique.
By the way, I speak fluently Portuguese, Spanish, English, German and some French and Italian on negociation level.

I ENVY YOU ALL !!!

I am from Zanzibar interested to work in Mozambique as I have some experience in tourism industry for long.I have long worked as a Tour Operator and am looking such a chance over in Mozambique if any would invite me.

Mohamed.

[email protected]

Welcome to all new members on this discussion :)
For those in search of a job, you might want to insert an ad in the Classifieds or check out the ads already posted in the Classifieds.
Good luck
Arlette

I am looking into work in Mz and would be located in Beira.
Has the city developed in form of leisure facilities? What is the expat community like? Also how safe is it?

I have lived expat life before so it is not my first overseas move.