Transferred to Mozambique for work

Am a Nigerian and I have just been transferred to Mozambique for work.

Am yet to accept the offer as am a bit worried as I don't know anybody in the country.

Can anyone advise me on what life is like in Mozambique as I have read so many discouraging things about it.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Mozambique is better than Nigeria my brother. What is needed is to mind your business don't go for other people's wives and don't show part in political affairs

@Frankcfrank 2001

there is a thriving Nigerian community in Moz. I can't imagine the negative things you have heard  being worse that Nigeria. My advice is keep an open mind and you will enjoy the country.

I am Nigerian and apart from our food being more expensive largely due to importation costs(same as anywhere to be fair), you will be good. Mozambique is not Europe and not as developed as Nigeria but the people are warm, they have tasteful meals. It is largely safe and if you are open to learning a new language, you may find integrating even easier. Good Luck in making a decision.

I will suggest you go to the Nigerian Hight Commission when you arrive. You will meet several lovely people with info for any thing you need.

@smoothchyc  thanks alot.

I work with shoprite and being transferred to ShopRite Mozambique am yet to accept the offer as am still thinking about it but will pay the country a visit first.

Even though am on the technical side am not really going to be interacting with customers.

Please how is Maputo as I have been offered an accomodation over there.

Please my brother if you don't mind can we private chat on what's app as there are a lot of enquires I need to make from someone like you who is based in Mozambique so as to enable me take a decision.

My what's app is +2348066579941.

Thanks

@africanconnect22  Thanks feed back much appreciated.

Am married and not into women. Hope beer 🍻 is not prohibited.

I work for shoprite the technical arm but please how is Maputo as I have been offered accomodation in that Area.

Hope language won't be a major barrier as I don't speak Portuguese.

Thanks