Help in choosing to live in Maputo or Nairobi

I have been asked to take a director's position with an international development organisation and have been given the choice of Maputo or Nairobi in which to make my home.  After a very brief visit to Maputo my fiancee is not very excited about being left there alone while I travel. 

She is a financial controller for a highly successful agricultural firm in Washington State--an accountant who likes to fix systems and solve problems.  She would also be looking for employment...which means she would likely need to drive herself to work.  The Maputo traffic is another reason she is not too excited about going there. 

Of course a few more days or weeks are really necessary to gauge what it is like to live somewhere, but we had less than 48 hours to see Maputo and will not be able to visit Nairobi at all.

Can anyone give us any informed (on the ground) input to compare the living conditions in these two cities?  Also, any leads for possible employment for her would be appreciated.

Can't say about Nairobi since I haven't been there, but the traffic in Maputo is pretty good by large African city standards.  No dead people on middle of the road like in Laos.  It's a shock when you get here, but the chaos and disorder of traffic is pretty much universal except perhaps in SA.  Maybe Nairobi is nicer though!

She won't have much trouble finding work in Maputo.  The country has about 20,000 university graduates (out of a population of 20 million) so "dearth of talent" has a different meaning here.

ofcourse maputo is the best safe and beauty