Best cities to live in Mozambique

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Mozambique. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Mozambique.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Good afternoon, thank you for the information I want to work in Nampula or Beira or Cape Delgado can you please provide me information of the best place to live wnd work. I am fromZ imbabwe currently living in UK.

Many thanks and regards

Joseph

Dear All,
No doubt that the best city to live and work is Maputo.
This is where all the business concentration is and of course, where more opportunities lie.
It is the busiest city of Mozambique, but at the same time the most populated with thieves as well as where there are may strangers, the perception is that this is where there is a lot of money circulating.The second best city is Beira ( 1220 Kms from Maputo ).
Beira port was well frequented in the past for having been an important corridor to the land-locked countries.
Beira city in Mozambique is what Diego Suarez is in Madagascar. A mixed population of black and coloured people ( mulatos ).
Maputo and Beira are the 2 main cities that are very well developed and where you can find all necessary amenities to live a decent life in Mozambique.

Chimoio, Namaacha, Inhambane, Vilanculos, Pemba, Ibo, Nacala, Lichinga

I would recommend you Lichinga. Nice Place. Less pollution. If you want to do business, then you look for a growing city. Still Lichinga is the best pace. Nice atmosphere and beautiful.

Your reply...I think Beira is the best place to stay and work

Me to I am from Nigeria am a mechanic engineer for truck looking for job any where in Mozambique

@oliviangubs

Hi, we are near to accept a relocation to Beira. How is going there after last hurricanes? Is the city still a good place to live in? THX for any suggestion, advice, comments!

I spent ten years teaching in Mozambique. First I was posted at Montepuez in Cabo Delgado province. Then in Nampula where I trained teachers and lectured. At last in Chimoio as a lecturer at ISPM. Before going to the provinces, I spent 2 years teaching at Liceu Polana in Maputo. If you are a businessman I'll suggest Nampula where there is money circulation. Maputo is also good for business. Chimoio is a quiet place and has a temperate climate. Maputo would be the embodiment of whatever you can find in the provinces.

David Mwanyimi Bushabu