STD Treatment in Jeddah?

Hello guys,

This is Duglas who stay in Jeddah currently.
Recently some symptom appeared to my body, which is suspected to be Syphilis.

It can be easily cured in my country with anti-biotic or penicillin injection, but I'm not sure I can go hospitals without any problem.
I'm concerned that it would threaten my Iqama or working visa.

I tried to get DoxyCycline at pharmacy, but prescription is required to get anti-biotic.

Anyone please inform me good way to be cured.

I'm considering to go Bahrain to get treatment, but I cannot go Bahrain right now, and I'd like to finalize as soon as possible.
Your kind support would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

STD or syphilis area very serious matter especially here in ksa....

This is very easy to treat. Get amoxicillin and take it orally for ten days two or three times day. Syphilis is very sensitive to penicillin's. If there is no response then it is almost certainly not syphilis.

Joseph De Soto MD, PhD, FAIC

Thank you very much foe your reply.

Regarding amoxicillin, can I het it easily at pharmacy without prescription?

If I need prescription, how I explain to doctor?

Best regards,

Pharmacies in Bawadi are not particularly strict you could try your luck there  :unsure
Or any other district the same level with bawadi I guess

Hi Sir Joseph De Sotto,

is these effective sir? Amoxicillin for ten days?

Thank you very much.

Bonjour Al0611,

Please note that this is an old thread and has been inactive for a while.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Thanks  :cheers:

Old thread but just to help you on that:

The first line treatment for syphilis is penicillin G 2.4 million units IM injection in a single dose.  BUT don't do it unless you are sure that you don't have a penicillin allergy.

The alternative treatment is Doxycycline 100 mg orally twice daily for 14 days.  It has less side effects and is better tolerated vs. amoxicillin.

thanks you so much XTang,

do you know any clinic or can you recommend me any clinic that they have a test for STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) in Jeddah or possible Yanbu?

Dermatologist or Venereologist. Thanks a lot

Unfortunately I don't know about Jeddah or Yanbu.

@XTang

Hi i has a quick question.

If you test positive for Chlamydia will the authorities of Saudi Arabia deport you. I've been researching all over the internet but can't find anything except information about HIV/AIDS.

No

@XTang

Ok. Thank you for responding to my question. 👍

I will get my results soon. Even though I won't be deported I hope I don't have the illness in the first place.

If i test positive for syphilis will the authorities deport me?

@NotoriousV8 where did u get tested from?