Importing a car and the registration cost

I can't seem to find details on the cost for registering a car.  If I come to Malta with my husband, we want to bring a car each plus his motorbike which will be in the shipping container.  Do we pay registration on one car or all of them and roughly what would be the cost. I have been on the Malta government site and it says about registering the car but not the cost.

Please use the search bar, every single person has this question.

Julie McKellar wrote:

I can't seem to find details on the cost for registering a car.  If I come to Malta with my husband, we want to bring a car each plus his motorbike which will be in the shipping container.  Do we pay registration on one car or all of them and roughly what would be the cost. I have been on the Malta government site and it says about registering the car but not the cost.

Use this for calculating the registration fee for a vehicle imported to Malta:
If you have owned the vehicle outside Malta for 2 years you can claim an exemption but not sure if that works for 2 and certainly not for 3 between two people.

http://www.valuation.vehicleregistratio … hicle.aspx

Ray

Really I would not bring a car in unless you have a good reason. There are so many cars here and the Government are trying to stop people bring more in.
Your find you will have to pay on all of them unless you have owned them for 2+ years. Also the disc we have here will go up and up each year. And if you want to sell it your find it harder.