Close

possibility of buying property

Hello, I am new here...we have been to Belize on a cruise but are returning next year to look at the possibility of buying property

Canadian Millwright;
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canuck. I always wonder what the hurry is to buy property. When first arriving and not having had time to make local contacts, chances are you will pay (overpay) the Gringo price and maybe even get stuck with a property that looks different when the season changes. Buying/selling property is not like Canada, it is easy to buy but may take several years to sell if you find out after a few months that is not the piece of paradise that you envisioned.

Most people would recommend that after you decide what part of the country is right for you, if anywhere ultimately, still not buying for at least a year until you become familiar with your surroundings. However, to each his own. Good luck with your research, ask your questions and let me know if/how I can help.

something like 40% of expats decide Belize isnt for them and return north. Best to rent for awhile and get to know the place.  real estate is difficult to sell if you decide to leave or have a heart attack.  Best to source real estate by walking around and asking what is for sale.  what you see online is over priced.

When you come to Belize take time and do your research! I am originally from Belize and my mother and grandparents were also Belizeans. My husband and I just relocated from the U.S. We chose the seaside town of Corozal because it's laid back with friendly people and very inexpensive to live here. COROZAL is only nine miles to the Mexican border and the town of Chetumal with duty free shopping and state of the art medical care! The weather here is Fantastic and less humidity as well. Take a look at the different areas such as San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Placencia, San Ignacio, Corozal, etc.... Belize is a beautiful and mesmerizing country but then I am a little bias! If I can help you just contact me and I will be more than happy to share my knowledge of my Beatiful Belize with you!!!

Travelgirl, I will be in Belize early next year. I could use your hell. I plan to settle in Corozal. Hope to hook up with you. I am coming from Southern California.

Ruth

Hi Ruth ~ I would love to show you around our peaceful town of Corozal! Have you visited Corozal before?

I just left Consejo/Corozal --very nice, friendly, laid back. The properties I bought are in Consejo Shores. We are currently setting up our corp in Belize as well and will be helping folks out to build, as consultants etc. Great area!

Hi. Name is Larry. I own property in Serenity Sands. I need to make contact with a reputable builder. Do you know anyone? Your input would be of great help.

Thanks

Yes, I spent one week there. I passed through earlier this year. I like the town

Expatriate health insurance in Belize

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Belize

Moving to Belize

Find tips from professionals about moving to Belize

Travel insurance in Belize

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Belize

Flights to Belize

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Belize