Possibility of buying property

Not at all what I said, I guess reading comprehension can be hard. As pointed out in the original rant, it's only a small part of the equation when it comes to research. It's the fun part, for sure, but as pointed out by others, it can be subjective and there's no substitute for being there in person. But there is value to tapping into the knowledge of people who are there currently. Very little value to "use the google box." Presumably if you're using a computer, you already have that rudimentary knowledge. If you have nothing more than that and negativity to add, why are you here?

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/attachments/f15/40898d1331800303-thread-hijack-copyofhijack.jpg

for negativity reread post 39.  There is clearly no substitute for boots on the ground and no one has suggested that.  you are making stuff up.  tools like youtube and instagram are just that tools.

Again, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I absolutely agree that they are tools. Ok, we good now?

If you recall you were the one that started this diatribe apology accepted

And there's the perfect demonstration of that reading comprehension. #winning

That doesn't make sense

Thus proving my point. Enough already! Does anybody have anything to add about buying property?  :offtopic:

Ivana H wrote:

Thus proving my point. Enough already! Does anybody have anything to add about buying property?  :offtopic:

Here is a website with properties for sale in Belize.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/blz

I have been keeping in contact with James McDonald who is a realtor on Ambergris Caye. Here is the website:

https://belizerealestatemls.com/

are you still interested in buying?

We bought a lot and my sister did as well, on our first visit. Reason Canadian vs USA exchange was just below par I think maybe 1 US $ =.96-.98 in (2012) . We built in 2014 .Canadian $ was  par or above. Would hate to buy now being Canadian.. We found the lots we really wanted , close to the sea, and right in town so can walk everywhere, and 2 lots together . One for us and one for my sister , she lives in USA. .We are in small subdivision, no HOA.  Hard to find in Placencia now ..so glad we did

Possibly!

Hello Ruth,

Travelgirl is right about the Corozal district. My wife and I are building at Cansejo Landings in the Cansejo area. There are lots of expats there and it is safe and friendly. They have a new site up on Facebook and Youtube under Cansejo Landings. Very well planned development by two Canadian builders that have experience in Belize and have lived there for a decade. They are building their personal homes in that development.

Good morning, I'm new also & we will be moving to the Corozal area, do you have a recommendation for a site to find a long term lease?
Is renting property the same in Belize as in Canada?
Tempest

Put "New to Corozal" in the search box and you might get more specific responses from that thread. This thread seems to be more about property in general. 'Kerimehome' on this forum could probably give you good information as well.

Thank you! I appreciate it.