Close

Advice on area to stay in Riyadh

Hi All,

I am software engineer from India , currently working in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) . I have secured a job in Riyadh and planning to move around December.

Initially I will be coming alone and later bringing my wife and 3 year old daughter.

I have heard about Hara and Malaz are popular among Asian expats. I need advice which area is better to live . I am looking for a place which is
1. Safe
2. Nearby an Indian CBSE school as I will need to enroll my daughter soon.
3. Not densely populated and commercialized but a calm residential place.
4. Within 30K annual rent for atleast a 2 bedroom house/apartment

I am not sure about my work location yet, however, it does not matter much as I am used to heavy traffic and high commute time. (I consider 45 minutes as normal)

Can someone please help me in deciding which is a good location in Riyadh for expats (from India).

Thank you

Welcome to Riyadh, hara and Malaz r densed locations with too many Indians, Pakistanis and Bengalis. These places would be good for u if u feel like surrounded by Indian people and can get anything within walkable distance. If u r looking for some peaceful place would suggest u to move away from these locations. If u know driving would be better to stay somewhere nice place around the city. Also make sure ur work place would be near to that. For 30k u can find good two bedroom appartment, so don't worry about the housing but worry about the place u may choose. First find out ur work location and then I can guide u with suitable location to stay and also suitable for ur kids school.

Hi Suribhai,

Thank you for the response :)

My office location can be either at Supreme road , Al-olaya street , near Al Hammadi hospital OR in Al- Mursalat .

I prefer being surrounded by people from India , Bangladesh, Pakistan as it is easy to socialize. However, I am open for any location where the house is good and fulfills my basic requirements.

BR

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh

Travel insurance in Riyadh

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Riyadh

Flights to Riyadh

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Riyadh