Moving to casablanca

Hi , I am an Indian trying to relocate to Casablanca .Would like to know more about the city .

Hi Richa Arora,

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Casablanca forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck and i hope you get reponses soon.
Christine

Hi , What information do you need on Casablanca ? Can you be specific ?

I'm from Casablanca, I can help If you need some infos ^^

Hi Richa
in another forum I found a nice introduction about morocco posted by nassimme

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=70657

Safety: Morocco is safe country but depends on the area you live, you should stay in nice areas where most expats live.
Transportation: there is no big issue with that inside the city u cna use taxis and they are very cheap and to travel to other cities there are trains and other destinations you can use the CTM or Supratour.
Schools: You have to go for American School for kids and those exists only in big cities: Marakech, rabat, Casablanca, Tangier maybe in other cities but am not sure.
Food cost is ok bt am sure its more expensive than india specially if u wanna go for indians restaurent they are expensive but at least you can get fresh vegetables and meat in Morocco.
Cars : In morocco we drive left hand and i dont know if you can drive with your indian license while you are resident but if you re in tourist visa you can drive  a rental car just dont forget to bring your international license.

if you have specific questions about casa, let us know..

Hi Richa, Am an Indian recently shifted to Casa ...lovely people ...lekin khana is a problem if U are a vegetarian ...thankfully I am used to eatin any kinda local food n U also have KFC n Macs to survive in ya inetial days ...chicken toh yahaan bahut kum log khate hai ...beef sub khate hai ...so, i decided to go with the population ...rice restaurants meh milta nahi ...log zyadatar bread, salads n roasted beef khate hai ...mai bhi wahee kha rahaa hu from the last 2 weeks n have also started making khana at home as I have picked up a one bed ...if u need help finding a home ...will help U as my agent who helped me has become fast friends ...supermarkets meh apne indian masale nahi milte ...haldi n jeera ke siwaay ...garlic paste bhi bahut dhoondhne pe mila ...sirf ek he Dal milee mujeh toh ab tak ...Akkhi Masur ...khichdi kha kha ke tang aa gayaa hu ...toh nikal jata hu apna beef aur bread khane ...sea food is amazing here if U are into it ....I am also much into sea food ...jus that I have not fiund a proper place ...am exploring a new place this weekend ...will update U ...waise log acche hai ...jagah beautiful hai ...only the educated speak english ...baki Arabic n french ...Guess dats a lot of gyan for the day ...lemmi know if u have anything else to check on ....Take care

Hahaha very nice its true.bahut acha lika ha.rice sallad may milty ha.per basmti nahi.pizza bhi acha ha.kuskus and tanzir bhut achi dis ha vegitarian bhi ha.moroco sallad acha ha.gumnay ki bhut say place ha.
thanks keep posting...
miltay ha kabhi casa may..

Hi moks!

In English please!

Thanks
Armand

Hey Hi Moks, Thanks for the tips buddy ...we shall surely meet meetup sometime ... I visited a few supermarkets in search of Dal n masale ... my advice to any asian would be to get some stock of spices as we hardly get ant of the indian spices here ...suprisingly, on my venture of checking sea food at Casa Marche Central, I saw a shop which was closed for the day with a sign board saying Asian spices here ...the shop next to it was open and has quite a few spices ...however, please note that Casa Marche Central to be visited before 3pm for buying sea food and the sea food joints which serve you good sea food at affordable prices ...you can even buy ya own fish n give it to the food joint and ask him to make it ya way ... In the same lane of Casa Marche Central U have a restaurant by the name La Bodega ...serves lovely sea & conti food ...this place is a heppening PUB by late evening ... has an underground floor too ...good place to be with a bunch of friends ...

Guess what Guys ... Some Good News for I found orange/reddish lenttil (masur dal), dry red chillies, ginger (adrak),Methi seeds ... all being sold in a couple os shops in the same area ...I was hunting for these all over Casa in huge shopping malls like Marjane and did'nt found them ... found it in 2 shops next to my place selling Asian spice ... so I am now making some decent dal (tadka maarke) n am able to have some simple indian meal for a change ...All of this is available just next to where I stay in the Casa Marche Central at Casa port ...So, this can be a place to shop for some Indian spices ...waise garam masala, coriaander power or seeds, mustard seeds (rai) still at large ;-)...but even with what is available ...the dal tastes like heven :-)Sugession is to get some spices from home before U travel to Morocco ...Take care guys ... :-)

hey
like what & what do you want to know because i live here?AS ME I LL TELL U THX

Hello Richa Arora
I'm from casablanca and always loving to help Expats to get trough the life here so if you need any kind of help let me know

hi !!! Richa Arora

I'm from Casablanca, if u need help or some think im here !! :)

Hi Richa,
There is quite an important Indian community in Casablanca. It was more important some 20 years ago. They are mainly in the trade business and very well appreciated by the local communities.
Please feel free to ask if you have some specific question.
Kind regards,
Omar

down town Casablanca many Indians mainly having there own Business i used to have an indian friend who works here for an International company if you need his contact send me a PM.

Closed