Postnuptial Now Allowed in Indonesia

Some good news for a change

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2016/11/01 … -Indonesia

Hopefully this will make things  a little easier.

Excellent to see they finally got around to changing this. 

The next item up...change the dual citizenship law for minor children to have no age limit. 

Slowly, slowly, we keep moving ahead!

One more step to allowing expats with families to have a good life in Indonesia.
Excellent move.

The children issue is a concern but on a brighter note my son has visited immigration, told them he likes tofu and has had his photos for his passport taken, which means he will have it by Friday all being well so that's good news.

Both my kids are registered as Indonesians, so hopefully that will make things easy for them in later years if they decide to remain Indonesians.
I have a little something to compete, but I'll get passports for all as soon as that task is over.

It still sucks for those who are married

"It still sucks for those who are married."

How so?  The whole point of this change is to the advantage for those who are already married.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2016/11/01 … -Indonesia
Read it again then you'll see what the problem is for those who are married already

1ernest wrote:

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2016/11/01/055816595/Postnuptial-Now-Allowed-in-Indonesia
Read it again then you'll see what the problem is for those who are married already

Cryptic messages are a bit pointless, so perhaps you could point out why the new law regarding expats and their spouses' ability to own a property is bad in some way.

It saves all that messing about trying to guess what you're thinking.

Fred my statement ..please do correct me if I understood wrong

Pior to the ruling, the separation of property ownership could only be made before a marriage took place. This eliminated couples that did not have a prenuptial agreement.

1ernest wrote:

Fred my statement ..please do correct me if I understood wrong

Pior to the ruling, the separation of property ownership could only be made before a marriage took place. This eliminated couples that did not have a prenuptial agreement.

The old rules meant you must sign any agreement before marriage, but the new ones mean you can decide to do that after marriage. This is going to be really handy for people who were unaware of the law before they moved to Indonesia.
I was in that number at one time but this is no longer an issue for me.

I see nothing here but more freedom for expats.

What do you see as the problem?

Thanks Fred for the info and if it is like you said then I have no problem ... The article was not very clear to me and I think you got more info and knowledge than just the article. So there is hope at the end of the tunnel

May I know if two foreigners who are Muslims can marry in Indonesia, or it is difficult ?
One male Arab and the other Malaysian bride ?

I can't envision that as being difficult at all...rather simple in fact.

Hi Fred !

I'm about to get married with an Indonesian, I'm from France,  and right now I'm wondering about the necessity to make a prenuptial agreement to a notary in Indonesia.
I'd like to get more informations about that topic, you seem to have knowledges, could you please help me sort through this thing :-)

Unfortunately I'm unable to help as I have no need of these services.
I also have to admit I made what could have been a serious error when I first moved here by owning land but that turned out to be a non problem in my case and is no longer an issue anyway.
As I have never done it or have any close experience on the subject, I'm unable to offer first hand or reliable advise on the subject.

Best thing is to ask the good people from PerCa -> percaindonesia.com/

So far it looks like every answer is just rumors  and still no concrete information is available

1ernest wrote:

So far it looks like every answer is just rumors  and still no concrete information is available

That will remain true until we find someone who has gone through the procedure.
The new KITAP regulations from UU6/2011 were also the subject of much debate until the first ones were issued. I don't know about anyone else but I was one of the first and that went as smooth as silk.

The many negative rumours turned out to be very wrong on that issue as I'm sure negative vibes will on this.