Saudi Family Visit Visas

I live in KSA with my wife.  Our son is 22 years old and now works in China after having graduated from university in the UK.  Our home is in Cape Town, South Africa.

I have applied twice for a family visit visa for my son so that he can come and see us in KSA.  Both applications have been rejected by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, no reasons given. 
Has anyone else had this experience and can you help me to understand why this happens?

It seems there is outright rejection by KSA authorities for young people to visit the Kingdom but I fail to understand why.

richardfrancis wrote:

It seems there is outright rejection by KSA authorities for young people to visit the Kingdom but I fail to understand why.

That's the reason. They don't want people to come here to visit and start working somehow.

But that's bizarre.  He would be visiting for a week or 10 days and then would return to his work overseas.  What is the risk?  Are they that paranoid?

They are not paranoid, however experience in similar situations before have proved that a lot of people entered the country this way and never left. They got into jobs here and hence the blanket ban now on males from 18 + on visit visas / dependent resident visas.

You could bring him however on a business visit visa through your company provided they agree to this arrangement.

Gosh. That's so restrictive.