Coffee- meetings

Dear All

i hope you are doing well,

My name is Donna ( a nickname among my friends ) and i would like to establish a coffee meet-up type of gathering, to meet new friends and have a good conversation.  :)

I think many of us here in Riyadh always complaining about the lack of activities and doing something fun. As a person who likes social gathering and enjoyed talking with people, i think  a bi-weekly meet up group can help us all have new friends here in Riyadh.
Members of the group can meet and introduce themselves, tell us about their countries, interests , work, how they end up in Riyadh, what do they like/hate about Riyadh and suggest an activity to do for next meeting.

At the beginning we can meet at coffee-shops and later on we can change that if any members have a better place in mind.

What do you think?  :cool:  would you prefer weekdays or weekends?

Looking forward to hear from you

Cheers!
Donna

Can't wait for the kickoff .I just came from a beautiful holiday last week and already got bored.
I think we need to shake this group and get people out for something.
I suggest Donna that you just propose location and time then we'll see how suitable is it with the guys.

I am in

I'm in too.

I'm in too

Ok thanks for those who replay. lets wait to see who is also in, we will wait till the end of this week and then i will inbox people who have responded with the details.  i think it is better to meet at DQ since it is safe :-) what do you think?

Hi Donna. Would love to meet up. Might be going back to South Africa for a wk or so. Going to attend a funeral. Pls let me know the details. Will join you guys when I am back. I am sure my colleagues from SA would also love to meet up.

I would love to  :)

Hi,
Nice to see such kind of events, i am new in riyadh and would like to join to know you and all about riyadh.
@Donna, Thanks for leading.

During weekdays there is nothing to do after work, i am missing to have drinks with friends after work :( So i prefer weekdays. And Dq is a good place to meet as a group..

Count me in

I'm in too

I'm in

Im in for gathering and meeting new people

Seeing that all the responses are from Guys.. I'm out. In the end we are in Riyadh and not all foreigners/expats have the same mentality. Stay safe and try meeting people at work, or through other friends you have here, thats the best way to get to know other expats.

Good luck

DenverGirl wrote:

Seeing that all the responses are from Guys.. I'm out. In the end we are in Riyadh and not all foreigners/expats have the same mentality. Stay safe and try meeting people at work, or through other friends you have here, thats the best way to get to know other expats.

Good luck

Right on, exactly what i was about to say  :top:

Riyad2016 wrote:

Dear All

i hope you are doing well,

My name is Donna ( a nickname among my friends ) and i would like to establish a coffee meet-up type of gathering, to meet new friends and have a good conversation.  :)

I think many of us here in Riyadh always complaining about the lack of activities and doing something fun. As a person who likes social gathering and enjoyed talking with people, i think  a bi-weekly meet up group can help us all have new friends here in Riyadh.
Members of the group can meet and introduce themselves, tell us about their countries, interests , work, how they end up in Riyadh, what do they like/hate about Riyadh and suggest an activity to do for next meeting.

At the beginning we can meet at coffee-shops and later on we can change that if any members have a better place in mind.

What do you think?  :cool:  would you prefer weekdays or weekends?

Looking forward to hear from you

Cheers!
Donna

Looking forward to the event details.

willing to join you

Hii call me *

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you
Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : Free advertisement is not allowed on the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

im in :) will this happen anytime soon?

Sounds good, I'm In.

So guys how did it go? tell us about it..

I am also in.

Hello All. Just want to establish whether this gig in fact got off the ground. And, would there be a next one? Whatsup?

anyone from jeddah :)

Yes I like to friendship with you as a good friend and please contact me my email address ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Donna, I really would like joining like that events

agree with you

my name is Ismail I live in Riyadh just came back from London work as a computer technician
for links line I would like to meet up for coffee on the weekends if that cool with you. I can leave you my contact if you like. it would be nice to meet up regards Ismail

Ayaa B wrote:
DenverGirl wrote:

Good luck

Right on, exactly what i was about to say  :top:

same from my side also

Hey,

It a very great idea from your side Donna :).

I just saw your message and i would like to join if meeting still held every week.

Could you inform me about location and time.

BR,
AwaDi

There are a few places where we as expats can meet for coffee and connect to share our experiences, etc. The DQ is one of those places for instance. We've just got to make it happen.

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum section but rather exchanged through the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am inn , please let me know

Would you like to get some detail☺but I'm in too

Hello Guys....I am in as well and first treat from my side.. thank you

I also am interested if this is going on. Let me know too.

Agreed 👍

We should get this going if it's not. Would be a great chance to meet others here.