Moving to Split for 3 months in December 2016

Interested in finding out what activities are available for expats in Split related to health/exercise, volunteer work, book/social clubs, cooking,  etc.  Do most residents understand English?  How is the weather there in winter?  Is travel relatively easy once there?  Is anyone aware of doggie daycare facilities?

Hi, Ive been living in Split for over a decade. The weather here is great..a moderate climate with lots of sun and  people in general are frienly and can speak english. If they cant then they will try to to help themselves withvtheir hands and feet if they need to. There is a kindergarden fir dogs on Saturdays but Im not sure if they have day care also...Im sure there are dog lovers who are willing to help out with dog sitting...cheers Suzana ..australian dental expat

Hi.  Thank you for the information.  I believe I read you are a dentist.  I may need one.  I know I will need a hygienist as I tend to have my teeth cleaned at least twice a year.  Do you provide teeth cleaning in your office?

Meanwhile I will continue to do some research on Split but not too worried about what we'll find when we get there.  We've rented what looks like to be a comfortable apartment in a residential neighborhood close to town and the old palace.  Getting excited.

Re: above dental question.  If you do provide that service, would you send me your contact information?

Thanks so much!

When you arrive in Split you can always give me a buzz for more info on Split,  personaly I like to check things up before and plan ahead..and yes I do prof cleaning. I am on the web as croatiadentist. Feel free to look me up when you get here. Cheers Suzana

Thank you again for the reply.  I did look up your website and sounds good to me.  I will make an appt. for teeth cleaning when we arrive in December.

I'll be in touch.

Questions and answers about Croatia

Ask your question
Are you happy in Croatia?
By Priscilla
Dentisti in Croazia, Dentist in Croatia
By giulio123
Good English speaking Dentist
By ttpass12
Know more about Split, our 'New Home' - Temporary residence?
By angelacolville
Bagpipe Player in Dubrovnik
By rowwill9

Expatriate health insurance in Croatia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Croatia

Moving to Croatia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Croatia

Travel insurance in Croatia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Croatia

Flights to Croatia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Croatia