Moving to Split for 3 months in December 2016

Hi.

Interested in finding out what activities are available for expats in Split related to health/exercise, volunteer work, book/social clubs, cooking,  etc.  Do most residents understand English?  How is the weather there in winter?  Is travel relatively easy once there?  Is anyone aware of doggie daycare facilities?

Thanks!
Cliff

Hi, Ive been living in Split for over a decade. The weather here is great..a moderate climate with lots of sun and  people in general are frienly and can speak english. If they cant then they will try to to help themselves withvtheir hands and feet if they need to. There is a kindergarden fir dogs on Saturdays but Im not sure if they have day care also...Im sure there are dog lovers who are willing to help out with dog sitting...cheers Suzana ..australian dental expat

Hi.  Thank you for the information.  I believe I read you are a dentist.  I may need one.  I know I will need a hygienist as I tend to have my teeth cleaned at least twice a year.  Do you provide teeth cleaning in your office?

Meanwhile I will continue to do some research on Split but not too worried about what we'll find when we get there.  We've rented what looks like to be a comfortable apartment in a residential neighborhood close to town and the old palace.  Getting excited.

Re: above dental question.  If you do provide that service, would you send me your contact information?

Thanks so much!
Cliff

When you arrive in Split you can always give me a buzz for more info on Split,  personaly I like to check things up before and plan ahead..and yes I do prof cleaning. I am on the web as croatiadentist. Feel free to look me up when you get here. Cheers Suzana

Suzana.

Thank you again for the reply.  I did look up your website and sounds good to me.  I will make an appt. for teeth cleaning when we arrive in December.

I'll be in touch.

Cliff

Cheers

Hi Suzana.

My partner Jeff, our dog Kody and I arrived last week in Split.  So far we are very happy here.  It is so beautiful and we are in a comfortable apt. in the Bacvice area minutes from the water.  I am going to go to your website again but would like to schedule a teeth cleaning and maybe have you look at an implant I had done before leaving the states.  It's a long story.

My cell # should you want to reach me text or call is XX.  But I will plan to call your office tomorrow to make an appointment.

Thanks!
Cliff Potts

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Cliff, my practice is only a few min from Bacvice. If you need info on Split we can have a coffe ....cheers Suzana

Hi.

Thanks for the replay.

Yes.  Coffee would be nice and I'd like you to meet Jeff too.  How about we meet at your office at your convenience, take you for a coffee nearby.  And when I'm in the office, I can make an appt. for teeth cleaning.

Let me know which day and time would work for you and I guess the address of your office.  I could not find it on the website.  Oh and please email to my regular email address - XXX so I won't need to login in to this site every time.

Thanks again!
Cliff

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi again.

Sorry.  I replied earlier but had given out my email address and cell # so the reply was removed and I was told to private message you but not sure how that works.

Let's leave it that I'll call your office tomorrow and leave you my cell #.

I would like to meet for coffee and have you meet Jeff also.  Maybe we could meet at your office at your convenience sometime in the next few days and go for a coffee. 

I will leave you a message at your office tomorrow.

Thanks Suzana!
Cliff

Hi that would be great...the coffe I mean ...cao

Hey Cliff, If you haven't found them yet there are a couple of Split Expat groups on FB.