Are you happy in Nepal?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Nepal? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Nepal happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Hi i think most nepalese are happy in nepal.

According to that same survey you quote, Nepal is ahead of India
But in world ranking, I read that Nepal is number 107 out of 156

As for the nepalese people in general, I think their degree of happiness or unhappiness is largely dependent on whether they live in the city or in the outlying regions, the mountains, or the remote areas.  I think you will find THEIR ANSWERS are bound to vary widely, and many other factors too numerous to cite here (whether they lost their house in the major earthquakes or the following 600 seismic tremors that followed, their quality of life, living conditions, size of family/mouths to feed, etc.)

As for me, personally, regrettably, I would have to answer "NO" for a variety of reasons.

We can only hope that things will get better in the future, which is what most nepalis will also tell you, if they are honest.

This having said, Nepal will continue, I think, to be a wonderful country to visit.
As a country to live in, on  permanent or regular day in, day out basis, that is a totally different kettle of fish.

Yes im happy

Questions and answers about Nepal

Ask your question
Filipina getting married to a nepali
By Nanukat
Alysha Sahee
opening a bank account
By Alysha Sahee
Buying property in Nepal
By Christine
Doing business in Nepal
By Julien