5 good reasons for living in Nepal

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Nepal, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

1. The friendly (and usually english speaking!) people
2. The wonderful climate and the great fruits that go with it (strawberries for christmas!)
3. The lush vegetation - everything is so green, always
4. The mountains - even from Kathmandu, to see the mountain tops on a clear day is always stunning
5. The general do what you want atmosphere - we have open fires in our garden and parties until 4 in the morning - nobody complains

Great reasons, for sure. My favorite is that there are more gods per square foot than anywhere else. Here in Bhaktapur they are everywhere. Then the festivals! They are so amazing. Tomorrow I am going to an exhibition on Nepal tourism, Saturday there was one in Bhaktapur that was so lovely I wish I could post a picture by the internet connection isn't quite as predictable as I'd like. But I came home and blogged about it. check out Fun things to see and do in Nepal: On a Budget

ViktoriaD wrote:

1. The friendly (and usually english speaking!) people
2. The wonderful climate and the great fruits that go with it (strawberries for christmas!)
3. The lush vegetation - everything is so green, always
4. The mountains - even from Kathmandu, to see the mountain tops on a clear day is always stunning
5. The general do what you want atmosphere - we have open fires in our garden and parties until 4 in the morning - nobody complains

MMMMM ... totally agree with all the above.. but have to strongly disagree with NO 5.. one of the unwritten rules of being an X pat is 'behave in the New Adopted Country like you were in your own'(once it's a positive rule of course - if you smash your car every week in your home country, that should not be carried on LOL)

So not sure you'd be allowed to party and wake up the neighbors at 4am in Germany would you? I lived in Germany as well and they come knocking on your door if you have the wrong colored trash can out, so imagine partying till 4am  :DLOL

The dollar goes pretty far.                                  The roads are terrible.
Allot of the people are nice.                                Nepali men and women are both dishonest.
You meet allot of people in Pokhara.                  The corruption isn't worth it.
Great festivals!                                                    No electricity.
You don't really have to worry about danger.      Very hot and humid.

I lived in Pokhara for a 11 months.