What to do, move to Paris?

OK- Here is the situation. With the economy in the toilet, I will likely lose my job. For now, I have a good job. Since I've always lived within my means, I've been able to save a bit. I'm considering moving to Paris for 3 or 4 months. I've visited Paris 12-15 times over the past 10 yrs. I read/write French. I have a hard time following conversations but can stumble through the most basic.

There are currently few good jobs available in my home city of Richmond VA. Due to family situation, I'm not willing to relocate for work. Why not spend a few months in Paris and hope for the economy to improve. Am I crazy?

I prefer the Marais. Are there decent 1 bedroom apartments (not a studio) in this area for 1000-1500 euros per month? Any other recommended areas that may be cheaper? Any advice on how to make this stay more affordable? What should I expect my monthly budget to be- including rent, food, living expenses, etc? What should I expect to be included or not included in the monthly rent. Can you recommend a agent?

Thanks- any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I think for the budget you specify you should be able to find what you're looking for in the Marais, but you may want to look at the 11th arrondissement, which right next door and slightly cheaper.

Rents include what are called 'charges'-which is a monthly fee that goes for the upkeep of the communal areas. Some landlords include hot water, electricity, heating in the rent but others don't. You'll need to ask.

I've got a few sites that could help you look for an apartment on my blog. Have a look!