Rentista Visa questions - Looking for a good lawyer

Hi I am Higher Energy I am from Jamaica and my wife is from the Usa we  seeking a good lawyer as my wife and I case are a bit complicated . Our desire is to move to Peru as rentistas indefinitely we have been searching around online but seem to be getting no where does anyone know a decent lawyer we can work with. Thanks in advance

Hello Higherenergy and welcome to

While waiting for members to tip in about lawyers you could contact, I invite you to check out some who are listed in our business directory:

> Lawyers in Peru

> Immigration lawyers in Peru


I think that under the new law a rentista visa is classified as a temporary visa, under which you can only stay in the country for two years.    During the two years you have to apply for a resident visa if you want to remain in Peru.   Unfortunately, we are still waiting for the regulations to be published which tell us what is needed to apply for a resident visa.   I think these are matters which you should ask the lawyer that you choose.

New topic

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Carnet de Extranjeria (Foreigner ID Card)
By russpeters
Finally moving, questions about Visa
By JayG
Residency Visa options
Peru Residency Visas
Visa Familiar for "convivientes"
By defuera

Expatriate health insurance in Peru

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Peru

Moving to Peru

Find tips from professionals about moving to Peru

Travel insurance in Peru

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Peru

Flights to Peru

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Peru