Rentista Visa, I have questions

So, I found the info for the Rentista Visa on the gob.pe site but I still have questions because it appears to be too easy.

I see no mention of any documents needing to be apostilled. Is this correct, it is not needed?

Only a 'simple copy' of a document showing proof of income of at least a thousand dollars? So, does that mean the common home-printed SSA benefits letter is good enough?

I'm not sure what this means: "Sworn statement indicating that the money enters Peru through a bank or financial entity under the supervision of the Superintendency of Banking" So, does that mean I have to transfer my money from my Schwab bank account to a bank in Peru?

How many years is the Rentista visa good for before it has to be renewed?

The page shows the fee is only 105.60 soles, That's like US$28. That's all the fee(s) for the whole process?

All documents need to be apostilled and translated. Rentista visa is a permanent residence permit, the physical ID card needs to be renewed every 4 years. You need to open a Peruvian bank account BEFORE you get your carnet de extranjería and without help, you won't be able to do this with your passport. You will also need an Interpol appointment before you start your visa process. I recommend hiring Sergio Vargas of [link moderated]. He processes rentista visas all the time and will make sure that you get your visa hassle-free.

@Nuria70 Thanks for the reply

Chip is correct, i had to have a service in DC get my SSA  statement apostilled and then certified in Lima, Police report in Lima involved dental inventory and sending a form with $25 check to FBI in DC. Then a road block: No Carnet yet can not open bank account. BUT, having a years worth of ATM with drawal slips the Migrations supervisor accepted that as proof that my support was coming from US, The process took 2 years. My first carnet showed expiration indefinate but asking at entry they told me I had to renew, The last renewal was very quick nd involved an appointment for new photo and new card good for 4 years. One obstacle is you can not be out of Peru more than 183 days during 12 month period. I have been delayed more than once at entry because of this issue but they considered my explanation and very nicely allowed me entry. Sure makes it simplle to open bank accounts, check in at hotels and sign contracts.