Looking to speak to British expats in Romania

Hello all,

First of all I hope it is OK for me to post this on here. Apologies in advance if not.

I am a journalist and I am writing a piece about British expats living in Romania post Brexit and I wondered if I could speak to people about their experiences please?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best wishes,

Emily  :)

britishemily wrote:

Hello all,

First of all I hope it is OK for me to post this on here. Apologies in advance if not.

I am a journalist and I am writing a piece about British expats living in Romania post Brexit and I wondered if I could speak to people about their experiences please?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best wishes,

Emily  :)

Hello Emily,

Of course you are welcome to post.  However since you did mention that you are a journalist, I'd suggest that a more appropriate place to post your proposal to interview is in the CLASSIFIEDS --> Testimonies section of the site :)

Although, Brexit hasn't actually taken place yet.  Only a referendum has.  If you are interested in experiences post Brexit, you might be ahead of yourself :)

Romaniac

You are absolutely right! Thank you. I should have been clearer and said "post referendum".

Are you British and willing to talk to me? :)

You might also mention who you are writing the article for.

Maykal wrote:

You might also mention who you are writing the article for.

Please excuse me. I am writing for Vice UK.

Would you speak to me about your life in Romania please?

Many thanks,

Emily

What would you like to know?

britishemily wrote:

You are absolutely right! Thank you. I should have been clearer and said "post referendum".

British? No :) Willing to talk? Sure.  I think I'm disqualified though :P Good luck anyway until others contact you.

You might just post a few questions here in this topic, for those that might be interested in responding ;)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Well, to some extent a Brexit would affect North Americans too. The removal of freedom of movement for UK citizens would level the playing field in the ESL field. Many schools in the EU have preferred UK/Ire citizens when employing native speakers as no additional paperwork is needed, no need to wait for them to secure permits and visas. Once the UK leaves the EU, I guess schools will either have to employ exclusively Irish teachers, or leave the Brits and North Americans (and Aussies/NZers) to fight it out.

romaniac wrote:
britishemily wrote:

British? No :) Willing to talk? Sure.  I think I'm disqualified though :P Good luck anyway until others contact you.

You might just post a few questions here in this topic, for those that might be interested in responding ;)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you Romaniac :)

My partner is a british citizen-expat in RO for more than 3 yrs ,he already had an interview  for national TV network - TVR,if you want to have a chat with him .let me know.
Best,
Cristina

Hi Cristina,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please can I arrange to speak to him? My email address is ***
Many thanks,

Emily

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Not in Bucharest yet not until early next year, but did live there prior and after Romania joined the EU.  If I can assist in any way, would be happy to do so.

Robert