Any South Africans in Bucharest?

I don't want to watch the Rugby by myself ;-)

Hi and welcome to the forum Lindochka!

I moved your thread to the Bucharest forum for better visibility.
Maybe a little introduction could help ;)
How about telling a bit more about yourself ?

Regards
Armand

Im South African and just moved to Bucharest a couple of days ago.And I used to live in Mauritius as well.

What was the purpose of your move there?

For how long have you lived in Mauritius?

Regards
Armand

I am in Bucharest with my husband who has a job here.
I went to the music school and language department at MGI for almost 4 years!

Hi Lindochka,

I am considering moving to Romania, and would like to find out some information to be better prepared.

How are you finding it so far?  Can you speak Romanian?
I have visited Romania before and would love to spend a few years working there.  I am currently learning to speak Romanian.

Romania is great easy living mostly very low cost compared with UK,we have been here for over a year now after moving from Mid East,and thourghly enjoying it here,watch on youtube a programme called Romania Through There Eyes by a guy called Rauol Pop just google RTTE Rauol Pop or RTTE Tom Lovelock.Im from East London myself and I like it here.:D

So far it has been okay for me as well. The people are very friendly and as almost everyone speaks some English I doubt I am going to learn much Romanian as the need is not so great.

Bucharest maybe cheaper than the UK but I find going out (restaurants etc) quite expensive here. Although shopping for food is not bad. Also, I met a saffa at the pub last week to told me that Ursus beer was Castle under a different name and most of the fruit here is imported from SA so....... :-)

Hi i recently moved to Bucharest from Cape Town and would like to meet any South Africans living here!!