Learning romanian

I recently THOUGHT I found a course for two weeks to learn basic romanian for free but I found out it wasn't.Does anyone know of a place to learn just the basicvs for free for only a couple of weeks?

Hello Baba668.

Maybe you should post an advert in the Classes section in the Bucharest classifieds. It can help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

You can try livemocha online. Totally free to register and enroll for their courses (all languages by the way), you can get native speakers to correct your exercises and there is a chat feature to connect with native speakers.

Try this site for resources:

http://hisp462.tamu.edu/Romanian

Good luck1=!

Have you thought about a language exchange? It's the altruistic: I scratch your back.... approach where you find a Romanian who wants to improve his/ her spoken English and who will teach you some Romanian in exchange.

Good luck

It's the altruistic: I scratch your back....

Isn't altruism more or less the exact opposite? :P

Maybe, with the mods' permission, you could set up a Romanian-only thread and the Romanian expat-bloggers can chip in and correct.

Darn! I meant mutualism!

Hi there, Will here.

There are some good videos on YouTube just type in "romanian lessons". At a local book store you will find a book with some basic conversations.

I hope it helps.

Maykal wrote:

It's the altruistic: I scratch your back....

Isn't altruism more or less the exact opposite? :P

Maybe, with the mods' permission, you could set up a Romanian-only thread and the Romanian expat-bloggers can chip in and correct.

No altruism IS "I scratch your back..." but only of you don't scratch too hard!!