Sports in Italy

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Italy?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Italy?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Rugby in Italy has been moving along slowly...
I am a professional coach here in Italy and have coached here for the last 6 years.
There are a number of teams in and close to Milan and surrounding cities such as Bergamo, Piacenza, Brescia, Varese.

A small lower level Team that has a fantastic culture is Rugby Dalmine.
Come out to a game and then enjoy the Brazillian BBQ after match (terza tempo) and few beers and music.

John Akurangi

I golf and hike, but whenever I can, I like to sail on Lake Garda and Lago Trasimeno. Both have excellent conditions to sail and provide some nice "away" time from the stress.

I am currently on a cross country hike from Porto Santo Stefano to Pescara. It's a charity hike for my "teaching kitty" in the fall. Some of the schools I support don't have proper resources (pens, paper, books, notebooks...you name it) for the kids, so I'm doing my part. I'm currently on SS675 just outside of Terni if you want to stop by and say "Ciao!"

tennis
golf