The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Visa was initially introduced as a Retirement Visa for foreigners interested in moving to and settling in Malaysia. Basically it is a 10 year Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry that allows you to go and come as you please, and can easily be renewed for another 10 years when it expires.
It is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents.
You may apply either directly (see the below requirements) by contacingt the MM2H Center directly at:
MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME CENTRE (MM2H)
Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia,
Level 1, No. 2, Tower 1,
Jalan P5/6, Presint 5,
62200 W.P. Putrajaya,
Or you can apply through one of their many Registered Agents. The application requirements when using an Agent do have some differences and of course the Agent already has a relationship with the Department which often helps and saves you a lot of time and headache.
1. Letter of Application (Cover Letter from applicant)
2. A copy of resume by the main applicant which include the following information
Skills or expertise acquired
3. One (1) copy of MM2H Application Form - can be downloaded from MM2H website.
Note : Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the form individually.
4. Three (3) copies of IM.12 Form (Social Visit Pass )
One (1) original copy - can be downloaded from MM2H website/obtained at Immigration Department.
Two (2) Photostat copies
Note : Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the form individually
5. Four (4) coloured passport size photographs
6. Copy of Passport/Travel documents (all pages) with certification on the pages with personal particulars
Note : Copy of previous passport is required if applicant/dependent (s) has renew his/her passport within the last 12 months.
7. Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency
The police authority of the applicant’s home country; or
The Embassy of the applicant’s home country based in Malaysia provided that the LGC issued by the Embassy has made a reference to the respective police authority and the LGC must be attested by the Embassy.
8. Self declaration on your/dependents health conditions - Form can be downloaded from MM2H website
9. Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
10. Certified copy of Birth Certificate/legal documents (if accompanied by children/adopted children/step children/parents)
- Letter of Confirmation from Medical Specialist/General Practitioner (if accompanied by disabled children above 21 years old)
- Statutory Declaration by principle applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements during the stay in Malaysia for dependents;
11. Certified copy (s) of latest 3 months’ bank statement /other related financial document(s) to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia
12. Latest 3 months certified copies of pay slip / income statement (if employed) / pension slip etc
13. Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents, job and salary with the relevant parties.
In addition, applicants below 50 years of ago must deposit a minimum of RM300,000 into a local Fixed Deposit account, and provide proof of having an offshore income of RM10,000 or more per month. Applicants above 50 years of ago must deposit a minimum of RM150,000 into a local Fixed Deposit account and provide proof of having offshore income of RM10,000 or more per month. The monthly income may be from a pension or from overseas earnings.
Applicants are able to remove some funds from the Fixed deposits under certain circumstances such as for medical expenses and for education, but will require several documents to be submitted in order to make any such deductions.
In the event that an applicant already owns property in Malaysia bought at over RM1 million, they may be eligible to reduce the basic Fixed Deposit requirement.
(a) To be able to stay in Malaysia for as long as one wants and leave whenever one wants.
(b) To be able to import one car from your last country of residence without paying tax/duty.
(c) Or, be able to purchase one new car either made or assembled in Malaysia without paying tax/duty.
(d) Work part-time
(e) Entitled to apply for one maid subject to the prevailing guidelines of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
List of Registered Agents
MM2H Main Headquarters & Contact Details
Fixed Deposit Withdrawal Requirements
Minimum Property Purchase Prices for Foreigners buying in Malaysia
Malaysia My Second Home Official Portal
Please note that the above conditions and requirements are up to date as of the 8th July 2016, but that they are subject to further updates by the Ministry of Tourism so it is worth checking the latest updates before applying.