Extending exit reentry of dependents

The process is quite easy actually.. 
1) online application
This you must apply atleast two weeks before the expiry of exit reentry. In there is an option for extending exit reentry visa in visa services for residents.
Apply like you apply for visiting visa, print it out and get it attested from chamber of Commerce... Check status online.  First it will be showing status as recieved at chamber. Once approved from mofa you just need to print it and send it to the embassy in your country to get the visa stamped...this should be done after visa is expired ie the stamping process.  This is the easiest way and the latest way but it is not working anymore..Even the mofa guys are not sure about it but in saudi Arabia each has different experience. My friend got it approved like this for his daughter and she did come back to Saudi. So I tried the same way but mine the status never changed from Riyadh chamber.. It was always showing Riyadh chamber for two weeks and my wife's reentry was expiring soon.  So I went to mofa with the online application form... I told them that I had applied two weeks before online for extension of exit reentry for dependents and still the status online was Riyadh chamber and not yet approved or rejected by mofa... He gave me a print out which the second method of applying.... The print out he gave was a format in which the company should write the letter to the Saudi embassy in your country, and the requirements in it where that the period of stay should not have exceeded more than 7 months and that the iqama should have validity. You also need print out from jawazaat for you and all the dependents (I think it's a muqeem print out,  your company HR will know what and how to get it ) to verify the validity of iqamas and visa, finally everyone's renewed iqama copies and your passport copy ..
So make sure you guys send the following to the Saudi embassy of your country to get the visa stamped after expiry
1) company letter with attestation from chamber of Commerce and mofa (if you guys are in riyadh just go to the chamber of Commerce in exit 10, after getting attested from chamber just go to ground floor, there is a small  mofa office from you can get mofa stamp also but make sure you have your original iqama with you as they verify coz the letter from your company will be having your iqama info ).
2)print out from jawazaat (yours and dependents ) 
3) iqama copies
4)your passport copy
5) original passports of applicants (of course)

This is a two day job... Not hectic..
If anyone could correct me or had done in any other way please share.. 14-06-2016

my wife exit re entry visa expired 6/6/2016. She couldn't travel becoz doctors strictly advised her not to travel due to some serious medical issues. Her iqama is valid up to 07/01/2017. I m trying my best to extend her re entry visa and get her down to Saudi. But still could not do. I have all documents muqeem and doctors letter attested, sponsor letter etc.  Saudi MOFA telling Send all documents to Embassy in your country they must do. Embassy in my country telling MOFA in Saudi should activate in the system. Im hopeless. If u can help some one had done ..PLEASE guide me the correct path. Thnx. Ahamed frm Dammam

What are they saying should be activated in the mofa system??

I think it's too late now. The process must have started before exit re-entry expiry. Nevertheless, please follow the procedure as @Naveed explained in details.

Many thanks for the write-up.
Would you please consider converting it to an article in Handy Tools >> Expat Guide?
Here is link:
Just click the 'Write an Article' and paste the text there.

lol @legends...

Dont worry @ahmed, the process of exit rentry extension starts after the expiry of the visa and it can be done until the iqama expires (atleast a month before).

I myself have got it done.

Hi there
you can extend up to one month after the expiry date of your visa

Hi Dear
I would like to know about exit re entry extension visa. I got an extension on MOFA website. It display 14  days and 30 days. I dont know 14 days from issue days or thirty days from extension. Some one told me 14 days from issue date. How it can be stamp in 14 days.

Kindly let me know abou this.

khalid Nadeem  can u please tell me  how u process exit re entry extension visa  from MOFA website.

Woul you please share with me the required procedure for extending expired re-entry visa for my family.

Would anybody please share here what is the latest way to get the extension?
I have also applied through MOFA site today for exit reentry extension.
And I am not sure about the full process.

Is there any fees need to pay? And if needed then how?

But in MOFA it says the for if for "EXPIRED" exit re entry extension.
Does it still require to apply for the extension before the ERE expiry?

has anybody succeeded to extend exit re-entry visa through any bank online?
all banks now has an option under alien control as "extend exit re-entry visa".
I have tried but it is asking for 10 digits exit re-entry visa number whereas it is of digits.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for Information. I have done same worked for my family, as my wife and son exit re entry expired. I got 2 papers from Jawazat(Print out and second muqeem stamped by jawazat) Also i got COC on company letter mentioned requesting saudi embassy in khi for extend exit re entry visa.

My question: Do i need to attest any of the documents from ministry of foreign affairs same at ground floor that you mentioned. OR is it ok what I have done above.

Please reply me at earliest.



Can you please share details or agent through which you had your dependent exit/re-entry done after expiry.

Dear did you tried?
How was your experience .
Me also in same boat

Please send your mobile nomber


Moderated by Christine yesterday
Reason : please send your contact details through your private message system.
New topic

Moving to Saudi Arabia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia

Travel insurance in Saudi Arabia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Saudi Arabia