Expand your social circle in Tunisia

Hello everyone,

Moving to Tunisia means leaving one's family and friends behind. Creating a circle of friends or joining an existing one should therefore be paramount in order to fight loneliness in your host country.

But how can one develop a social network in Tunisia? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

Share your advice and experience!

Many thanks in advance,

Priscilla

You will come in Tunis
Actually I am from Jeddah in Saudi Arabia I Leif there 2 years between 1988 up to 1990 and I visited 3 times 2013 2014 2015 it's one of the naic country . The people so friendly and helpful you can find naic hotels in gamart girtaj fare but full bliss and safe Antille you now Tunis city
I hope you enjoy their
See you
By

If you're good at languages, you'll have no problem in Tunisia. Older people speak French, while ex-immigrants from the Eastern coast speak Italian and young people speak English very well. So yo won' t need Arabic unless you find yourself in a family or in an off-the-beaten-track-place. In any case, Tunisians are excellent linguists because Arabic is probably the most difficult language in the world and at school, they all learn French and classical Arabic from a very young age. Then English and other languages.
Obviusly, learning some simple phrases does help to improve relationships. People always like strangers who make an effort to approach them.
Personally, I've been going back and forth between Milan and Mahdia for over 14 years and I still haven't learnt how to speak Tunisian Arabic well: just simple dialogues!
Tunisians know much more about us than we know about them, so be careful! They're very nice, but...much craftier than us!

I don't have local friends here yet. But based on my feelings living in here,  people are very friendly indeed. I was surprised that like 80% of people here say hello to me in my language, although they know nothing more about my country. But I still think they are cute and "gentil". I only speak a little bit of French but I can still chat happily with taxi drivers. However, making friends is not easy at the beginning wherever you are..

Hi everyone I'm hajer a Tunisian, 37 old woman. I would love to help.