Friendship

hello everyone ... My name is Catherine and im irish . i live with my husband in Mahdia and im looking for english speaking friends

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to Expat.com!
How long have you been in Tunisia?

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi Catherine. I hope you've made friends already. RJ

Hi Catherine,

Mahdia is beautiful.  I live in the north in Bizerte but I am an English speaker and would be happy to communicate with you.

Hi there
I am Irish and live in Kerkennah.I have been here four and a half years.It can be a bit traumatic when you first move over but am sure you will make many friends.Always happy to e mail or message if you need it.

I am also looking for anyone who speaks english,  I am from the united states, i just moved here to tunisia, been here for almost 30 days now,  i do not understand what anyone is saying, so i usually sit in silence, while everyone is talking,  i also really need friends who speak english, that live here in tunisia.  I am in el kef, tajerouine.   a small and beautiful city.  just i feel a little lonely and tired of sitting in constant silence. if i havent forgotten how to speak, i would love to make friends here and hold a decent english speaking conversation. :D

unfortunately I live in Kerkennah which is a long way from you.|Try looking up what is on in Tunisia.maybe other people on here are near you.Try looking up Arabic or french lessons and maybe other English speaking there

Welcome Amira - unfortunately I live in Bizerte in the north so I am some distance from you.  If you get into Tunis at all then let me know and I will be happy to come and meet with you.

ok thank you for the info

Thank you Tunsiandolly,   i was actually in Tunis last week, i will be going back to Tunis soon, i would love to meet with you,  i do not know for sure when i will be going there, I will make contact with you before i go.    everyone is so far from me,   :(

Hello Catherine,

I wondered whether you had got any friends yet in Tunisia? I know it is a long time ago that you messaged the forum here about making new contacts... I do have a friend who has recently married her fiance who comes from a village near Mahdia. She is not living there though, as she has to make her living in the UK. 

Do you manage to make ends meet in Tunisia? That is what put me off the most about thinking of living there. I hope you and your husband are doing well together in Tunisia.

Best wishes,
Anita.

Dear Amira,

I wanted to write and ask you how you are getting on in Tunisia nowadays. Did you manage to find a friend who speaks English in your vicinity? I know a scammer who lives in El Kef. He duped several English ladies, although one of them knows the truth and still runs after him, I have heard.

I have been to Gafsa and i know a UK lady whose fiance lives there, so she visits frequently. My friend also has a Tunisian husband who lives near Mahdia, but they don't live together. She also visits when she can. She too knows a lady whose husband lives in Gafsa. Most western women remain in the west and visit the men, due to the difficulty in earning a living in Tunisia. Many are older and have their own children or parents in the west, as well.

From what i gathered, most of the Ex-pats in Tunisia seem to live in Tunis, where they perhaps work for foreign companies.

Best wishes,
Anita.