Express Visa to Work Visa Conversion

Hi Friends,

Can some one share, how long does it take to process express visa to work visa and is it tough getting converted ?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,Ajay

I m 8 year working in oman I want change my visa I have job another company how's change my visa

ataneja7 wrote:

Hi Friends,

Can some one share, how long does it take to process express visa to work visa and is it tough getting converted ?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,Ajay

Hi ataneja7,

An express visa can be issued within one working week.

No visa can be converted. The visa holder must necessarily exit the Sultanate and re-enter again.

Between exit and re-entry, there has to be a minimum period of 3-months.

For more details on this subject, please read the information available in the forum.

sami shaikh wrote:

I m 8 year working in oman I want change my visa I have job another company how's change my visa

Hi sami shaikh,

Working in Oman for 8-years, and you do not know that you cannot change jobs so easily ?

Let me only tell you that you must first have an NOC from your sponsor, besides a few other minimum requirements.

Please read all about this topic in the forum. This is one of the most widely discussed topics.

Hi Sumitrian,

Thanks for the reply, can you also share the link which states the same. I was not able to search the same.

What my employer said is that i have to exit and enter and there is no time gap limit.

Appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Ajay

Hi ataneja7,

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=472958

And again I say, please do a site search on the topic you would like to know more of and help yourself to the free information that is available.

In matters related to dealing with the government authorities, it is best to go by what the company PRO advises.

Since the rules keep changing on an ever regular basis, only the company PRO would be privy to the latest information and updates.

Even in this case, it is advisable to pay heed to what has been officially communicated to you.

Hi Sumitran,

Considering this is an year old post , could you still vouch for it - "NO VISA CAN BE CONVERTED"

I'm specifically talking about Express Visa.

thanks

Hi Shah2349,

The Labour laws in the Sultanate are not carved on stone. Nor are they written on water.

Only the PRO of the concerned company can get the latest update on anything official, as there could be many different variations to the same rule.

And that could vary from company to company, depending on a wide spectrum of parameters, and on a case to case basis.

Thanks for your quick response Sumitran , really appreciate it.

Reason for posting a doubt here was that things weren't properly disclosed by the PRO to me.

From what you've said it seems like its a shot in the dark for me , as no one knows whats the actual procedures are or there're no definite rules known to normal people or might be the rules being bent as per the situation and comfort.

thanks for your response anyway.