Hi everybody,

I am a new member on this forum, currently in Dubai and going to be in Riyadh soon.Hows life there in Riyadh? Please let me have your ideas on living with family (me and my wife only).

Life's good here a bit like dubai except for the clubs and beaches but a better weather, and yeah a lot cheaper.

The big drawback would be that there won't be a lot of activities for your wife to do alone except for going to shopping malls.

^ that about sums it up.. :D

RIyadh is also a lot hoter and colder, depending on the season, also very dry,no humidity and a bit conservative.

And colonel, welcome to the forum! hope to see more posts!

Welcome to the forum colonel :)

Welcome, Colonel.  I invite you to read past threads--they are a wealth of information!!  I think probably any thing you want an answer to, you'll find there.

Thanks evryone for your wishes and the replies.
So how do families and ladies pass their time, just curious.
How far is makkah and madina from Riyadh. hows public transport.
Sorry for many questions.

Alliecat wrote:

Welcome, Colonel.  I invite you to read past threads--they are a wealth of information!!  I think probably any thing you want an answer to, you'll find there.

Thanks.
Sure i'll read the previous threads.

riyadh is completely diffrent than Dubai.

colonel wrote:

Thanks evryone for your wishes and the replies.
So how do families and ladies pass their time, just curious.
How far is makkah and madina from Riyadh. hows public transport.
Sorry for many questions.

Hi Colonel, welcome to Riyadh prison :p
well i dont have any idea how ladies kill their time as i didnt get a chance here yet to ask any lady :p so better wait for a reply from a lady :)

I can tell you the distance bw Riyadh and Makkah, its approx 950 KM  and Madina is approx 750 KM. there is absolutely no public transport system except taxi cab's.so its better to rent out a car.

xain wrote:

Hi Colonel, welcome to Riyadh prison :p
well i dont have any idea how ladies kill their time as i didnt get a chance here yet to ask any lady :p so better wait for a reply from a lady :)

I can tell you the distance bw Riyadh and Makkah, its approx 950 KM  and Madina is approx 750 KM. there is absolutely no public transport system except taxi cab's.so its better to rent out a car.

Hi, is it really a Prison.
Thanks for the information, are there no trains?

colonel wrote:

If there is no public transport inside city it doesn't make it a prison, it's just bad transport management.

However, there are loads of public transport options available for travelling intracity ; specially going to Makkah & Madina there are many many bus services available but no trains.

The most famous is SAPTCO which take you to everywhere in Saudia and has daily services.

For ladies, i am sure once she makes some friends here, she will definitely find options.

slyshooter wrote:

For ladies, i am sure once she makes some friends here, she will definitely find options.

Trust me, we depend on the TAXIS and LIMOS.  Getting around has nothing to do with 'friends.'

Alliecat wrote:
slyshooter wrote:

Trust me, we depend on the TAXIS and LIMOS.  Getting around has nothing to do with 'friends.'

No, he was asking for pass time for ladies

yes, but your entire reply pertained to transportation.

slyshooter wrote:
colonel wrote:

If there is no public transport inside city it doesn't make it a prison, it's just bad transport management.

However, there are loads of public transport options available for travelling intracity ; specially going to Makkah & Madina there are many many bus services available but no trains.

The most famous is SAPTCO which take you to everywhere in Saudia and has daily services.

Thanks Bro.
Hope i have a good time there when i reach.

Alliecat wrote:

yes, but your entire reply pertained to transportation.

You always find mistakes in my posts , i hate u :joking:

Ahhhhh its boring. We eat and then we eat some more.Thats our idea of having fun.

slyshooter wrote:

You always find mistakes in my posts , i hate u :joking:

and I'm not even trying! :P:lol: