South Africans in Riyadh ?

I hear there is a lot of fellow South Africans living in Riyadh. I would love to make friends. Please contact me.

I'm not South African, but welcome to Riyadh :)

Infinity01 wrote:

I hear there is a lot of fellow South Africans living in Riyadh. I would love to make friends. Please contact me.

There is at least one on this site and I know several others.  They are around.  You should have no problem finding fellow country/men/persons.

Welcome on Expat.com Infinity01 ;)

welcome to the forum!
Hope you find your fellow South africans!

awwwww i m also not from South Africa but still welcome and why do i have a feeling that the profile and post is to focus some one special :P?

Hi Infinity

Welcome to our sand pit.

keep an eye for the scorpions

Infinity01 wrote:

hi

Welcome to Saudi Arabia

You can visit King Faisal Hospital, alot of people from S. Africa working there.

If you don't find any body from S. Africa, we can be your friend

Waleed

Hi Infinity, I'm South African too! So nice to meet a fellow country man (woman)...I'll inbox you...

Visit the South African Embassy! they have some events going on which you can attend and meet people!

SaQiB wrote:

Visit the South African Embassy! they have some events going on which you can attend and meet people!

Cool! Thanks SaQib, didn't know that...I'm gonna look into that...

Tisch wrote:
SaQiB wrote:

I think it is in the diplomatic quarter area.

CyrusN wrote:
Tisch wrote:
SaQiB wrote:

I think it is in the diplomatic quarter area.

thanks for the answer to a future question

I've been on the S.A embassy's website, no luck there. I guess I'll have to actually go there & see what they say...It's on King Khalid Road...

I known two south african friends and if you like I can introduce you to them.
cheers

South African embassy is not in Diplomatic Quarters. It's located outside...

Fun Social Event for Expats only at a secure compound
-on 16June 2011
-7pm - Late
-Contact me for more Info and (STRICTLY)Bookings
Limited Space !!
[email protected]
056 793 8375

Well your ambassador put a stop to anything entertaining happening at your embassy.

Have a braai, that will flush out the saffers :D

Infinity01 wrote:

hi infinity im saudi gus welcom to riyadh

Hi my name is Nick I am moving to Riyadh in August and my family will join me in November wife and 4 young kinds,would love to hear from fellow SA,any advise will be much appreicated,Very Nervoes dont know what to expect.

Cheers Nick

Hi All,
I am also South African and moving to Riyadh in the next few weeks (months??) Who knows when the paperwork will come through.
Same as nickbahari I am unsure what to expect and pack ?
My husband and I will be in Riyadh for a year and its scary and exciting all at once. I have a few stupid questions to ask?

Spend a bit of time going through the blog as there is a wealth of information in here.

The one major thing to get sorted before coming out is where you are living, you need a decent western compound otherwise your life could be miserable, as it is the one place you can kick back and relax.

the company is organizing everything so I hope they get a nice compound for us. I hear the waiting list for the compounds are quite long.

you are welcome in riyadh , you will find alot of friend in saudia arabia , be enjoy

Thanks I really hope so...

I am a South African hoping to come to Riyadh soon. My husband is working at Al Majmaah University in Al Majmaah. I am a Radiographer and have applied for positions in Riyadh. Suggestions please. Would it b better for us to live in Riyadh and then for hubby to commute to Al Majmaah. The schooling in Riyadh is my concern. Which schools does most South Africans attend. My son is 13(Special learning needs) and my daughter is 10. Can anyone advice me on Al Majmaah and the contact details for the King Khalid Hospital based in Al Majmaah. I would appreciate any information and advice. Thank you

Hi Im south african living and working here as a professor of english. give me a shout sometime...

Slm nazzy b. If I understand correctly, majma'ah is approx. 190-200km from Riyadh. The schooling in Riyadh should be no problem - there loads of international schools. I believe one in particular is for learners with special needs. The school is made up of many of south African teachers as well as students. They follow an Australian syllabus. And I'm sure u know the price range of international schools! Do u intend on getting ur own independent iqamah for work purposes?  If there's anything in particular that you would like to know about Riyadh, let me know. I'll try to help u out if I can inshallah.

Hey alle mede Suid Afrikaans, is riyadh Ek gebore Pakistani, maar in Port Elizabeth gewoon het vir byna 10 jaar ...Ek beweeg daar studies saam met my ouers en het onlangs teruggekeer na Riyadh ...Enige inligting of help as julle ouens moet dan voel asseblief vry om my te steek ....:)

Ek is lief vir Suid-Afrika en Suid-Afrikaners :):)

Arslan from SA wrote:

Hey alle mede Suid Afrikaans, is riyadh Ek gebore Pakistani, maar in Port Elizabeth gewoon het vir byna 10 jaar ...Ek beweeg daar studies saam met my ouers en het onlangs teruggekeer na Riyadh ...Enige inligting of help as julle ouens moet dan voel asseblief vry om my te steek ....:)

Ek is lief vir Suid-Afrika en Suid-Afrikaners :):)

Can you please refrain from using any other language except ENGLISH !! :)

Arslan, could you please write in English ?

thanks

Hey guys!! How will we meet up???? Why is this so hard!!??

phillip11 wrote:

Hey guys!! How will we meet up???? Why is this so hard!!??

Many threads on this forum describe that, Just read it and Enlighten yourself !!:P

HI, any body out there (Riyadh) from South Africa??? I might be there in August!!!!

MTheyse wrote:

HI, any body out there (Riyadh) from South Africa??? I might be there in August!!!!

HI there, I am from South Africa and live in Riyadh. I know the original thread is old but this was from today so I thought I would reply. Good luck with your move and let me know if I can help you with anything.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely cry for help at some point in time. I have NO idea what to expect or to prepare for!!! However, I am anxiously excited.

Hello every 1 . Lets have sum thing to share with each other .

Goeie More.  Hello I am Ravin from Cape Town. 2 years in the Kingdom. Contact me on FB Ravin Jugdav and we can chat
Cheerio

0540847494 Wats up 00919901067281