Entitlement to housing allowance.

Hi,

I hope you guys can help/advise, i have a question for a friend and colleague, She is currently working in riyadh and has been given accommodation by her employer. Her Husband who is her dependant, has found work and is looking to get transferred over from her iqama to the new company. However they have advised her husband he may not potentially be eligible for housing allowance as his wife already has accommodation and he is living with her. I am confused by this as well as my friend who has the query. As her husband will be working for a totally separate employer. Apparently this is the labour law, but it seems the company whom are stating this to her husband are not sure themselves. Can anyone please help, advise if you have any knowledge or experience regarding this?? Thank you very much for your help.

in the company where I work, only one of a married couple employees of the same company is allowed for the housing allowance.I would advise her to check the Company Policy where all these details are stated. This should be clear in her contract as well.