Is it allowed to possess self-protection stuff in KSA?

Hello.

I am new comer from South Korea, came here for work . will stay couple of years or more.

I got through threatened and kinda murdered couple days ago.

I just wonder if I am allowed to have a self defense stuff which is like electronic guns or gas guns in KSA.

This is seriously question as I got threatened by a old guy like kind of sexual assult who I know couple days ago.

He is saudian 45 years old or something has a family though.

so is it allowed for ppl to have those stuff to protect self?

junho0811 wrote:

Hello.

I am new comer from South Korea, came here for work . will stay couple of years or more.

I got through threatened and kinda murdered couple days ago.

I just wonder if I am allowed to have a self defense stuff which is like electronic guns or gas guns in KSA.

This is seriously question as I got threatened by a old guy like kind of sexual assult who I know couple days ago.

He is saudian 45 years old or something has a family though.

so is it allowed for ppl to have those stuff to protect self?

Before you think of anything like that, have you complained to the police if the threats are serious? or atleast your company GR reps?

Whata gr reps.

junho0811 wrote:

Whata gr reps.

Its a typo....he means Human Resources - HR

junho0811 wrote:

Whata gr reps.

GR -> Government relations representatives. People who deal with government related matters.

I do admin department in this company as jr manager.  Not government stuff :)

junho0811 wrote:

I do admin department in this company as jr manager.  Not government stuff :)

Great! Do you know english?

jun ho 0811 before you get armed, have you made a report to your company about that? a threat to your safety should never be taken as a joke...

however, some unskilled people who bring self-defense weapons end up being hurt by their own weapons, or it could be used against them...

I asked saudi side president to take this situation. and he said no worries about it.

but the thing is. I am pretty scared as I am a single and no family or no firends in riyadh.

if it happens something bad to me in future. so I am thinking to prepare myself against assult::)

You MUST complain to the police about the threat before thinking to have self defence stuff.

iAmal wrote:

You MUST complain to the police about the threat before thinking to have self defence stuff.

I am not even sure he understands us. I think he might be using google translate! :-)

I used to live in canada for 3 years and 2 years in Sydney. 
I dont think i am a good speaker but no problem to reading or listening as i got 6.0 overall ielts. :)

I used to live in canada for 3 years and 2 years in Sydney. 
I dont think i am a good speaker but no problem to reading or listening as i got 6.0 overall ielts. :)

Lots of ppl know what "English" is in the world

where is he
i will kick his ass
you are in saudi safe country

Weapons are illegal here, unless you have a license to own them (which you can't unless you are a Saudi) or unless you are a bedouin, which is also not possible unless you are Saudi.

If someone threatens you or hurts you, you go to the police with the help of a rep from your company.

So why is a 45 year old Saudi guy threatening to rape you?  How do you even know this guy?  What made him threaten you with that?  In what language?  This is so weird...  :blink:

normally in korea, its allowed to own a electronic shock guns as for protecting easily so I am just wondering how people do protect themselves in saudi arabia.
Its hard to explain what I got through couple days ago. but this was happening to me  seriously. -.-
thats why I am asking this question.

Yeah.. I hope KSA will be the most safety country in the world.

you cannot use electric shock guns around here, you might be charged with assault, even though you claim it to be in self defense....

i do not understand the nature of your work, it is possible for him to really have the chance to hurt or touch you?

and why haven't you made a formal complaint yet...... tell your company about this.... is he a colleague??

One thing, you cannot attack any saudi person in KSA, thats a crime. So if someone is trying to blackmail or threaten you, plz complaint about the issue to police. As sexually harassment is a big crime here and actions would be taken soon. Once you have your complain you can take further actions if someone does that to you. So just lodge a complain about this to police asap, rather looking for answers here.

I told GM and saudian chairman about this problem. now its all done that they warned him to be never approched me.
Thanks for all ppl who reply the suggestions.
but I am still too watching around carefully since this was happened :)
Need some refreshments
(so going to dubai for travel and visa things this thursday -0-)

good luck! :D

good for you

Learn how to fight in self defense, karate etc.
Those who bark seldom bite, so have fun
The one who wanna do something bad with you will not warn or tell you ;) (dont get scared)

No it's not allowed but if you face such like these things you can call 999 , they will help you also if you don't like those to disturb you cover your body and face very will like a Saudi women and you will keep your self in Safe .

Hi

I'm a saudi , sorry for what happened to you .

if you are a women and someone attacks you, you can do anything to protect your self.

do not worry

UmairMansoor wrote:

Learn how to fight in self defense, karate etc.
Those who bark seldom bite, so have fun
The one who wanna do something bad with you will not warn or tell you ;) (dont get scared)

No.
Karate and all the other martial arts require many years of training before they're any use at all.
There are some excellent self defence classes for ladies, but none teach martial arts.
It's all quick, painful strikes followed by running away as quickly as possible.
A poke in the eye, that sort of stuff.
It's fast, requires very little skill or physical strength, and gives the victim time to run.

Weapons have several disadvantages - they could well be illegal, and they take time to deploy.
I long fingernail in a rapist's eye will put the dog out of action for several minutes at least, and tough if he loses sight in that eye.

I totally agree with you