We'll miss you James

I am also looking for some information on how to donate to the family. I am at odds on no one being able to contact his family for more information. I want to think someone formed a relationship with James beyond the forum. Anyone in Administration have any news of how to help his family I am sure it would be appreciated by the Brasil Expat and World members  . Thanks

Poor James ... I know nothing more about him than what he posted here.

Me  on behalf of his Canadian Family wanna say thank you for all the good memories that you all keep about my So-Called-Dad, Jim Woodward.
But i have been sugested to not share any information about the incident.
I hope you all can understand. That this situation is unacceptable for us too, let us reconcile this first and inform you all what's happen next.

Aside from all rumors and assumptions, and whatsoever it called about this. I want to infom you all that there will be a funeral in Canada, as Jim always wanted to be buried next to his father, as soon as the family can get the body, or the remains of the body.

And for all the members here, who had been touched by my dad,or knows him by his posts.. i would like you all to forgive him if he by any chances made some mistakes.
And remember him so he will stay alive, in the form of memories, impacts, spirits.

May The Universe will keep us all as one,

Always...

-B-

What about his family in Canada?
Is it difficult for them to pinch in?

Thank you all for you kindness and sharing his story.

Ontario: Hamilton, Barrie and Strathroy
BC: Richmond

His loving sister has sent funds

Not true, tied up in legal issues with Brazil. His sister has been working around the clock to try to have reslove.

James family wishes to thank all his friends for their wonderful condolences.

2 children born in Hamilton Ontario (1972, 1974) Melissa Jo-Anne, and Matthew James

2 children born in Richmond BC (1984, 1986) Kimberly Anne, and Michael Andrew John

1 child adopted in Macae Brazil (2006?) Matheus James

The already have a case file started

Due to legal struggles trying to have his remains return to Hamilton Ontario Canada to be layers to rest along side of his after Al Woodward and Brother Rick Wiodward he has yet to be returned to gods earth. This will happen so in Macae Brazil. A memorial will stand beside his father and brother in Canada.
Arrangements are being planned now.

I am very Sad and sorry to hear the news about James, May he rest in peace. My prayers go out to his family and friends, and I wish them the energy to get through this. I will miss James very much! He is a good soul, and very helpful to everyone. I have not yet moved to Brazil, and I am not going to change my plans about doing so, but His death is a reminder to us all that it can happen to anyone. I have learned a lot from the posts that he wrote and from my own interactions with him. He was very honest, and straight forward about the realities of living in Brazil. I am still learning everyday about life in Brazil, and the biggest thing I take away from what I am learning is that the level of education, and understanding is the biggest problem, along with the crude attitudes of the criminals that don't have any respect or value of human life. I valued James, and his intelligent mind, and giving personality. He will be greatly missed by many. I can only hope that the person, if you can give them credit for being one, is caught, and given what he deserves. My heart goes out to James's wife and children, and I hope they get the support and help they need during this difficult time in their lives. James is in a better place, and he can rest in peace knowing that he did so much for so many, and helped people avoid problems, and others to find solutions to the many details of moving to, and living in Brazil. We will miss you very much.

Thanks to Matthew for your information. It's very good of you to let us have some background into James's life, and of the moment.
James, as you can see from this thread, had many friends here, and helped a lot of people with his insights into life in Brazil.

I want to publicly and privately acknowledge the loss of a friend and a GREAT man who helped so many people, including myself. 

I met James and his son in Rio das Ostras at an expat.com get together and then in Macae to help on a personal matter.

James was genuine and sincere person.

James loved his son.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today I went to the police station in Macae to find out details.  I was told by the police , that no info can be given out to a third party, only can be given to family members.

I did get a "friend" to give me the address of maybe where he did live.  If anyone wants to go with me to this address, please let me know.

I would like to give a BIG thank you to all those persons who wrote on this forum.   You have written many words about a friend of mine.  It breaks my heart to see that we have lost such a fine person.

Most sincerely,
John

Please provide details on a funeral, if there is going to be one.

Oh god...I am really shocked toknow this.I work on ships and I came to know about it just now.Me.James was a great person always helping people he even never met.I am one of those thousands whom he guided through this platform.I wanted to contact him to tell the news of my new born babies.i will miss you sir.rest in peace Mr.James.my respects to you sir.and my deep condolences to his family.

Obrigado A todos pelo carinho e palavras de apoio neste momento dificil com a trágica partida do WILLIAN JAMES. :(

Chame em whats App ***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Macaé por favor entre em contato via emaill ***                                      ou via whats App***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Please don't post contact details here.
We have no clue who is reading this thread and that could leave in in danger.

Note for the team.
Lyndy is genuine but doesn't speak English, so perhaps we could relax the English rule in her case.

Lyndy Silva wrote:

Obrigado A todos pelo carinho e palavras de apoio neste momento dificil com a trágica partida do WILLIAN JAMES. :(

Translated

Thank you all for your kindness and words of support in this difficult time with the tragic departure of WILLIAM JAMES.

Oh my word :( This is just horrible ! :( You have touched us all James :(

R.I.P

The latest I have is the funeral will be sometime next week.
I'm pretty sure anyone in the area will be very welcome to help give James a good send off to heaven.

Macae wrote:

Please provide details on a funeral, if there is going to be one.

Please contact me by private message ASAP.

I valued all of his advice.  He was a great help to many people.

The funeral will be held sometime next week, but I don't have time and place yet.
I'll let you know as soon as I do, but not on the open forum, so contact by PM when I add the post if you would like to attend.
Three people have now offered the same advice regarding safety, that being (My words) "white expats" could be in danger if they attend.
I also understand a memorial stone will be placed next to James's father's grave in Canada, with a service being held over there in the near future.

I just have to say
I think it would extremely unwise for any of the expats here to attend the funeral or get themselves personally involved in this matter given the little bit of info we know....

Please consider your own safety first

Please keep updating any way to contribute for his family, son and funeral

Is just still so shocking and disturbing. And just seems to get more so.

Que bom saber que existem aqui tantas pessoas que o amava tanto.James um ser humano maravilhoso e de imenso coraçao!Agradeço tantas felicitaçoes em nome da familia.assim que puder me envie mensagem macaé

I have yet to get the funeral date, but perhaps this service (or similar) might be of interest when I have it.

http://www.interflora.co.uk/category/in … ry-brazil/

Lyndy Silva wrote:

Que bom saber que existem aqui tantas pessoas que o amava tanto.James um ser humano maravilhoso e de imenso coraçao!Agradeço tantas felicitaçoes em nome da familia.assim que puder me envie mensagem macaé

Nós todos o respeitavam e nós falta dele . Mas ele vai viver em nossos corações e mentes para sempre. Que Deus abençoe você e dar a você e sua família força para continuar.

Thank you James.  Your kindness, consideration and willingness to advise and help us...Expats...is a silent and lasting monument.

It has been reported that many false rumors regarding the murder of James are being spread on Portuguese/Brazilian forums by mindless Idiots who are seeking attention for their own personal reasons and by those attempting to divert attention to the police investigation away from themselves.

None of those rumors merit a response.

Those of you who knew James know he was murdered for speaking out against crime and corruption.  He was a gentle soul gunned down in cold blood by COWARDS. 

Tem sido relatado que muitos falsos rumores sobre o assassinato de James foram espalhados em fóruns português / brasileiro por idiota estúpidos que estão buscando a atenção por suas próprias razões pessoais.
Nenhum desses rumores merecem uma resposta .

Aqueles de vocês que sabia James sabe que ele foi assassinado por falar contra o crime ea corrupção . Ele era uma alma gentil baleado a sangue frio por covardes.

Today, I had a friend take me to Lagomar in Macae to the street where James use to live.   We asked several people if they knew James and his wife.   We got no answers.  We did ask one lady at a local bakery.  She said that James' wife and son had moved away. I have no way to know if this is the truth. 

If anyone wants to go with me to Lagomar, I will go with them.  I went during the middle of the day.  I was told by my friend it was not safe there.  It was very clear that he did not want to be there in Lagomar.  If so, please contact me on a personal basis.

I had invited James to go out with me and his wife and son.  James stated that his wife did not like to go out of the house.  If so, I wonder if she and their son where in the house when James was killed.  If so, I hate to imagine the pain incurred by her, James and their son.

RIP my friend James.  I do dearly miss your wisdom, knowledge, expertise and caring nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please contact me directly.  I would like to talk to you on the telephone.

James, rest in peace.

Hello to All, I understand everyone's frustrations with this post. I have decided to put forth a effort to remember "Our James" with thoughts of peace and reframe from a investigation for it does no good for the body. Somethings are scary and some things should be held to one's self and I speak to say let me leave this as a Memorial to James. The speculation on other forums is not here nor there. I ask in Peace that if we can reframe from the scare and fear tactics as a whole We as the Body will survive. I depend on this forum for only the facts and will not accept the trolling from those who we not who they are. So in closing please list facts and no speculations, no teaser post for it gives a false hope to the members and to the self servant please reframe from your own agenda. I apologize if the shoe fits then one should wear it and be comfortable. I apologize for the rant yet I felt it was needed if you have factual information please share it, if you got BS keep it in your own area. We all know nothing moves fast in Brasil and I will remain steadfast and wait for someone in Administration to address all concerns of members. As I said I apologize for the rant yet not for No Sugar Coating.
Macae thanks for Factual Information. I am sure the Staff of Expat.Com will be the Authority on further information.

I agree with Alascana. Let's not speculate in this thread as it will only confuse and mislead those of us that are awaiting news on the situation. (But feel free to speculate in private via PM.)

If anyone has any factual information about James's death, the whereabouts of his wife and son, or funeral arrangements, let him share it cautiously - please take care not to reveal too much private information in a public forum.

I speak for the family.

Thank you expats for the condolences and kind words about James from each and every one of you!!!!!. The family reads them all.

My earlier post was my own and not directed at anyone in this forum what-so-ever, just meant to inform about how James was murdered and warn about other blogs some of you good people may come across which may be as hurtful to you as they are to the family.  Apologies if anyone was offended in anyway if I did not make myself crystal clear.

My account will stay open for those who wish to PM the family about funeral arrangements.