Beeping of horns!

Why oh why do the locals feel such a need to continually and unnecessarily use their horn!!!!!!!!!!

Taxi drivers do it to try and attract attention and I find myself doing it to show my annoyance at the stupid things other drivers do and as there are a lot of stupid drivers I find myself using my horn more than I would in the UK. I also have to use it to let the guy know that I want to get into my yard.

Good for you

Amazing! When in Rome do what the Romans do, except Roman's don't do a lot of stupid things. I find myself doing the unimaginable to stop people from acting like primitive savages, and slowly I am becoming one. Few months ago went to the States for a little break. One early morning I overlooked a school bus on the other side of the road. Just recently I got a notice of violation in the mail with a photo of the licence tag. Now I have to cough up $300 even while hiding here in Accra for a few months.
When you get to an intersection where there is supposed to be a stop sign, please stop and pause a while, although the savages will honk to rush you off. Else when you go back to civilization, you might pay a bitter price. Accra is my birth place and I can survive it intelligently...when in accra, don't do what the locals do. Honk, drive crazy, eat street food, buy from street hawkers ( shop while you drive), or pee in public!

Yes married a local woman,  who is intelligent and respectful but unfortunately the majority of the country are incredibly ignorant!