Possible Move to Ghana

Dear All

i have a job offer in Ghana ; i would need all the help i can get from you regarding the living in Accra and Ghana in general ; whats good and bad ; cost of living ; safety and security ; medical care ; schools ...etc

am from the Meddle east speaks Arabic and English fluently ; small family of three ( husband , wife and 2 years old kid) .

i highly appreciate all the help and info i can get

Thanks

Jo

Hi Jo :)

When will you start your job in Ghana ?

I hope other members will give you some advices soon ;)

Armand

Hi Armand

thanks

maybe mid of 2011 or max by sep 2011 ; that if i accepted ; and info would be great help

do u live there ?

Jo

I'm very far from Ghana Jo :)

Anyway I hope you will get the help needed by the time you move there ;)

Wish you the best of luck
Armand

Hi Arman
Good Luck if you decide to take the job offer.  There are many  postings already on this forum that will answer all your questions. Ghana is a beautiful place to live, but VERY expensive. That is my opinon of course. The only way to know for sure is to spend sometime there first.

Jordiin

Like Jordiin said,the price ,rent ,entertainment here is not cheap at all, your salary is not very high,but enough to use.

Hi Michael

Its Jordiin, Re cutting your hair yourselfs.  Am almost finishing NVQ LEVEL 3 Hairdressing course in London.  I visit Ghana in July, maybe I might be of some help.  I intend to set up a little container hairdressing shop, catering for  afro/european/asian clients.

Stay safe

Hi,Jordiin
Welcome to Ghana.Am very happy for your coming.
Yeah,i do my hair myself because it's very easy for man.In africa,HIV infection is a very serious issue.If your hairdressing shop have been considered the probelm ,i do believe the business will be very good and i and many friends will do hair there.
Thanks,best wishes .

I will address both topics. Hair and living in Ghana.

1)My husband has been a barber in Sweden for more than 15 years he cuts African, European and Asian hair. He has not decided whether to continue with it but if you are desperate for some reason let me know and he can help you.

Why not do like some of clients did even in Sweden. Bring your own trimmer or scissors (a good investment)and razor blades. Disinfectant to the combs should also be brought. AIDS is real all over the world and in some Europen countries the virus is spreading much faster than in many parts of Africa.

2) We have discussed schools on this forum many times so if you go back among the topics you will find it.
As others have said, Ghana is expensive. Is the company paying for housing, transportation and school? The first year in school is very costly since there is an admission fee that has to be paid.
Also make sure that it is a genuine company, frauds are rampant over here. DonŽt send any money for visa or work permit.

Ghana is a calm and secure country. As I said though, watch out for scams.

i too cuming 2 ghana frm india............nice country.....we wil be in touch

Hi Jo,

Me and my family are considering moving to Ghana as well. I'm facing the same questions and worries as you do. This is one very helpful web I found:
noworriesghana.com/nw_home/
which I think might be of some assistance for you too. What kind of job have you been offered?
I read some of the comments saying life in Ghana is very expensive, could somebody give me some more info about this matter? What would be considered a decent monthly salary in Accra?

Thank you in advance for your answers!!!
M Maroun

many thanks to everyone ; some good helpful info ; but still need to know how much is good and very good ; company is paying for everything ( accommodation , insurance ,schools ...etc), but still need to know is 10000 $ on top of the above is good or less ; can we save ...etc

Dear All

I have a job offer in Tema ; I would need all the help I can get from you regarding the living in Tema in general ; whats good and bad ; cost of living ; safety and security in house and on road ; medical care ; schools ; house keeper availability and their trust worthiness  ...etc
I'm from India will move to Tema by Aug'11 with my wife and two kids.
I highly appreciate all the help and info I can get

I also want to know if I'll received a salary of $2000(including local tax)+ Furnished house+ KID's school fees + Cars + Fuel + Driver,Is the package is good for a family for 4 with a moderate life style???

Thanks

Samriddho

I think you should find that more than adequate.
I don't know what facilities are available in Tema but you are reasonably close to Accra.
Good luck with the move

Thank u Khan

Hi All,

I'm and Indian, I've got an Offer to work @ Accra, Ghana. Kindly suggest me on the place / safety / life / cost of living.

Regards
Kartz

Hi Kartz!

Welcome on board :)

Armand