Moving to Ghana

We are moving in July. My husband is working and I will be plain housewife, we are considering having a baby there. Is there anything I have to know?

kleinemaus wrote:

We are moving in July. My husband is working and I will be plain housewife, we are considering having a baby there. Is there anything I have to know?

hi kleinemaus, i've not been to ghana but have friends who travelled there and loved it. i also saw a show by anthony bourdain and really enjoyed it. here's a blurb that may interest you and if you can get the episode i think it would be worth watching. (albeit this relates to food not raising a family...it will no less show locals at their best :))

http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/2007 … -in-accra/

cheers and have a safe journey!

Hi kleinemaus and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Ghana forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.

Not sure it is about living in Ghana or how to have a baby! I'm sure you will find lots of information about life here if you ask specific questions.

Hi Kleinemaus,

I moved here with a small 5 month old baby and coped just fine. Since then we moved and lived in 3 other countries and moved back here in December. She's 15 now.

You can find everything for little ones here. It's safe and I love the summer all year round. Kids have lots of activities to do and there are good Nannies available. No problem with medical facilities as well.

good schools and pre-schools
It is easy to make friends here...
Hope it helps

Hi Thulana,

Thank you for your time to reply. We are schedule to move on July 1. We are moving to many countries, and this time we are getting older and planning to have little one. Only my husband is so worried.

thanks again, we are both excited!