How is life in GHANA in an IT company for software Eng.

Hi All,
    This is piyush from bangalore. Currently working with an IT company(Infosys) and having an offer from another company to work in GHANA for at least 1 year. Actually i need your suggestion that is it a good place to live and work.
Can you please help me in below points:-
1)Criminal activities in ghana:-how bad is the situation?
2)Food :- is indian restaurants available and indian grocery items available there??
3)How much i can earn per month in an IT job??and how much i can save?
4)Is it an expensive country.i mean how is the inflation high or low?
5)Can i live there with my family??
6)which are all the cities safe in ghana??

you can reach me at my email id:- [email protected]

Your replies can help me a lot.so please reply.
Thanks in advance

Hello piyushatre.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some responses from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

here are some of the information i can provide, concerning the inflation over here, it is high, as for the security, i think ghana is one of the most secured country in west africa, i have never got a security problem since i stepped in , i have been here for 5 years and never being rubbed, for the rest hope someone will provide so bye for now and take care

Ghana is a relatively safe country so you can live here safely with your family. There is an expat Indian community here so you can find Indian food and spices. It is quite an expensive country to live in if you live an expat life but you can live cheaply. The main city is Accra but you could also live in Kumasi or Takoradi which also have expat communities.

Hi Piyush,
Ghana is the most peaceful country in Africa, And here u will get all indian groceries in indian stores & indian food in indian restaurents. the salary level is depend upon ur job, but ghana & specially accra is expensive.Accra is heart of ghana.

Hi,

I am here only for the past few months but i can say this much..accra which is the capital of ghana is pretty expensive. i have been to several malls and restaurants and i found the foods to be expensive to some times 3 or 4 times than in india. i dont know how the IT companies pay, but if you are goin to get a decent salary with accommodation and transport you could consider it. If you are planning to bring your family, then you may have to consider their education which is 10 times more expensive than the best in india. there is the Delhi public school in tema that is a little far away but within reach by budget as compared to others in accra..

But security wise i dont see anything even remotely dangerous. People are friendly and relaxed. The only draw back is the traffic which is nerve wracking. hope this info helped. all the best!!

best regards

lata

thanks a lot all for your replies. its of great help