Missing post/mail - What to do about it?

So, we haven't had any post since 2015 and this is starting to be a concern seeing as how others in the building are telling us they are receiving letters etc and the local post office (Budaiya) says nothing is there waiting for us.

We know for a fact that stuff has been sent to us.

In the year since we moved in, we have received post regularly at the building.

Any ideas what might have happened and what, if anything, we can do about this?

Hi,

If its a normal post then there is absolutely no record of it, it could be lost anywhere in transit, it could be in the country of origin or after it has reached Bahrain, i know the main landing area is for all post is Muharraq and then it gets sorted out.  I received a postcard couple of weeks back which was posted by a friend in Mauritius in Dec 2015 so you never know. The best thing to do is to use registered post which can be tracked.

T&R

That's quite a delay!

well registered isn't not the "best thing" but it certainly is the more expensive thing! Registered has also proved to be pretty useless in Bahrain as we've found out the hard way. It's only registered and trackable from the UK to Bahrain. Once a registered envelope arrives here, it falls off the radar and just says it arrived but not that it was delivered which it wasn't ... for three weeks!

Plus there are some items that cannot be sent registered such as magazine subs and obviously, if it's vital we courier it.

I was wondering whether a trip to Muharraq would be worth it.

I received a card from my parents in mid-March which was mailed in early December...and then for the next three days I received mail that spanned the entire time in little bundles, but in no chronological order at all.  I have no idea what happened and I haven't received anything since.

I tried to figure out what was going on, but then that gave me a headache so I stopped.

You're right about registered though - I can track it to Bahrain, but after that it could be two days or two months before it gets to me.

guy in Budaiya post office took my number and said he'd have a chat with the postman and call me. Wonder which I'll get first, my missing post or a call from the post office!