Kuwaiti job interview...what should i do?

Hello, I've been offered an interview for a teaching role at the Cambridge English School in Kuwait. I've read some pretty dodgy stuff about it on the internet but I don't know if it's recent or not. It's all about bad management and lack of resources. The quality of teaching is supposed to be appalling in the primary school

What should I do?
Is it a good school? How is the area?
I don't want to accept and then move with my young kids all the way to Kuwait if it as bad as I've read.

Some one please help me!!

Thank you

P.S. this is my first time ever posting on any site...apologies if I haven't played to the rules

from everything i have read and heard, the school is shady and the online reports are true - i believe Facebook has several pages and groups catering to expat teachers in Kuwait, join a few and ask your questions directly there, i am sure you will fall upon teachers currently there or those who were there and left, and the response might be quicker. we have our fair share of teachers here on the forum but they're inactive for some time, probably planning spring break holidays :P

thank you legacy, much appreciated!

Where is the area?

How much are they offering? Also, are they providing accomidation?

Will THEY pick you up from and to work by the school bus so you get to save more money?

// What did you decide to do?

@DanaQ8:
my interview is next week  so I have no idea on what package they will offer me. I'm still in 2 minds about it especially since the school is a bit questionable.
their primary school doesn't seem any better which is where my kids would probably go

The school only has Hawalli and Mangaf locations.

Let us know how it goes.

I wish you all the best!  :gloria

All the best

I'm not sure if my comment would be of any help,but I did hear it from a very reliable source-a friend and also a teacher from same  area, that Cambridge Mangaf have such a reputation,they even call it 'Cambridge Zoo'. Sorry,I'm adding this info to your confusion, best of luck  😉

I can't give advice on the school, however I can on the Mangaf area.
Along the coast there's a nice tree lined beach path running from the sailing club to the Al Kout shopping centre which has a fountain show as its focal point. In the other direction there's the Miral restaurant complex and the Hilton with its five private beaches, swimming pool, small gym and spa.
Inland it's a different story being very scruffy in places, to be fair no better or worse than many other places over here.
I hope this helps.