Iqama renewal and Re-entry extension outside

Here are two questions which bothers me these days, I received different answers from different people, and don't know which one is true ..

1. Does the iqama have direct connection with passport while renewing it? I'm the sponsor for my daughter and her passport expires in August, can I renew her iqama in May?

2. Is it possible to extend Re-entry visa outside the KSA, i.e. in the embassy of KSA? What's the procedure, what letters and documents are required?

Thanks a lot in advance!

For the first question Yes You can Renew your daughter Iqama.

For passport u can get renewed and go to passport office and bind the new passport with IQAMA. So from then new passport becomes valid. I did that before.

suribhai wrote:

For passport u can get renewed and go to passport office and bind the new passport with IQAMA. So from then new passport becomes valid. I did that before.

They call it "nakliya ma'lumat", don't they?
Did you do this in the Saudi Embassy Consular Section? or after entering the KSA in local Jawazat office?

1- No, iqama and passport have no direct connection in the way that validity of one doesn't control the other. Also, both are independently renewed.

Once the passport is renewed, take the old passport (with a 'VOID' stamp), the new one, the iqama and the sponsor's iqama (yours in this case) to Jawazat - ground floor - office on the left of exit re-entry issuing office. In 2 minutes, the counter guy will update the Jawazat record with the new passport number and the expiry extension.

You can take it to any of their branches as well, if you don't like visiting their main office. For example, there is one in the Sahara Mall.

Iqama can be renewed within two months of its expiry, but not before it.

Naqal Maloomat can't be done outside of the country.

2- Exit Re-entry can be extended if your dependent is outside the Kingdom. It's electronically done from https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
We don't know anyone yet, who has actually done that. So, sharing of first hand experience won't be available.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

1- No, iqama and passport have no direct connection in the way that validity of one doesn't control the other. Also, both are independently renewed.

Once the passport is renewed, take the old passport (with a 'VOID' stamp), the new one, the iqama and the sponsor's iqama (yours in this case) to Jawazat - ground floor - office on the left of exit re-entry issuing office. In 2 minutes, the counter guy will update the Jawazat record with the new passport number and the expiry extension.

You can take it to any of their branches as well, if you don't like visiting their main office. For example, there is one in the Sahara Mall.

Iqama can be renewed within two months of its expiry, but not before it.

Naqal Maloomat can't be done outside of the country.

2- Exit Re-entry can be extended if your dependent is outside the Kingdom. It's electronically done from https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
We don't know anyone yet, who has actually done that. So, sharing of first hand experience won't be available.

Thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately, in my country, the passport department doesn't give back expired documents, they collect it and never give back. So I think, in Jawazat they should accept copies of old passport. There are many countries who don't give back expired passports, so they should have a process in such case, I hope.

I know for sure that iqama can be renewed three months before it expires, i did it last year.

I will try to share my own experience with extending of Re-entry visa outside of the kingdom, inshalla in August of this year :)

Hope you have got your exit reentry extension.

Would you mind to share the latest procedure to help others like us.

In my caes, I have applied through MOFA site for the exit reentry extension.
But I am not sure about the full process.