Door to door service

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well. I have a question that I hope someone can help with an answer.

Does anyone know of cargo agents who deliver door to door service to Mombasa, Kenya?

Has anyone sent personal belongings to Mombasa and what was the service like?

I think all I will need is a pellet (not so sure this is what they call it). All I have is about 12 boxes of personal items.

Thank you all in advance and sorry for the rant.

Hi,

DHL/Aramex are global delivery guys, you could contact them and find out

Aramex: Phone (Customer Service):+973 (17) 330434

DHL : DHL Express, Customer Services Dept Tel: 17364100

T&R

Thanks logicalindian. I was thinking more sea freight as this may work out cheaper. Just wondered if anyone has sent cargo to Kenya and what was their experience?

Sea freight will be way more expensive. A 20ft container is the smallest you can do unless you do a groupage freight which means you have to wait until other customers want to ship to Kenya and you all share the same container.

DHL/Aramex etc are your best bet unless you know someone who is travelling and you pay for excess baggage

Not sure that's true Josnuggles... at least I know it isn't from three countries that I've shipped surface to the UK from and also from Japan to South Korea. Not sure it would be different in Bahrain, but maybe it is. Usually the agent just places your stuff in amongst other stuff in a container.

Someone like Allied Pickfords is probably a good bet. Try calling them on 17 735 355

Thanks josnuggles and suburbansam. I will call DHL and Aramex to compare the rates. I will also call Allied Pickfords.

Thank you all so much.

You would be able to find what you are looking for muharraq area behind airport cafe,

Thanks live.ali will look into Muharraq. Shukran