Gozo renting

Hello Expats !!

Just a quick one.

I was wondering if anybody knows any websites or contacts for renting properties in Gozo ( apartment for 2 etc ) DIRECTLY from the owner ??

I am using ihome at the moment but im sure there must be more ways ?

I just dont want to get ripped off by agents with commission etc at the beggining so I want to find something cheap to start with for the first 6 months.

Any help will be appriciated !!

Thanks,
Mike

Hello Mike :)

Did you check out the Housing in Malta section of the site?

You may drop an advert of your search there too to reach out to those subscribed.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Michael1991 wrote:

Hello Expats !!

Just a quick one.

I was wondering if anybody knows any websites or contacts for renting properties in Gozo ( apartment for 2 etc ) DIRECTLY from the owner ??

I am using ihome at the moment but im sure there must be more ways ?

I just dont want to get ripped off by agents with commission etc at the beggining so I want to find something cheap to start with for the first 6 months.

Any help will be appriciated !!

Thanks,
Mike

You won't get 'ripped off' by agents commission, you will be charged 1/2 of one months rent +18% VAT which on an average apartment in Gozo is likely to be around €150 - €300, a lot less than administration and credit check fees you would be charged by agents in the UK!  (We paid twice that last time we rented in the UK)

On Gozo, quite often, the easiest way to find property direct from the owner is to just drive or walk around the villages you like and just look in the windows for 'to let' signs, you would be surprised how many you will see. You could also ask in the local village shops, bars and restaurants, as many either own property available to rent themselves, or know someone who does.

You will also find that many landlords will be looking for a term of 12 months or more as below this it is classed as a holiday let!

Ray

Try Frank salt I had a good chat with them and they gave me honest opinions on what my family would need with no big sales talk, I have no worries renting through them when the time comes, send them a email

I was looking for 300€ a month and they had loads of 3 bed property's on there books

:)

All the agents have a lot of properties on their books but majority will not be available, ours
is still advertised although we have lived here two years, we have been happy with Frank Salt.

Hi, There is a FACEBOOK Group page called GOZONE. You can make your requirements known there, local people with property to rent will contact you.

I would also recommend Frank Salt in Gozo, we have rented through them twice and been well looked after. They will help you find a property and you can then finalise the deal direct with the landlord. Frank Salt will then normally produce a standard lease which can be tailored to reflect what you have agreed with the landlord.
This is the point to agree such things as being registered as resident at the property with ARMS to ensure being on the correct utility tariff.

Keep in mind that they are normally only there to find a tenant for the property and not involved in property management, future dealings would be direct with the landlord.

Ray

Thanks for all the help !!

I am actually meeting an agent form frank salt on 6th of April. I have a temporary place to stay for 10 days so I hope it should be enough to find something for long let.

I am in the GOZONE group on facebook just simply didnt think about asking there.... will do tomorrow !!

Anyway, thanks again guys and hope to see some of you on one of the meetings in future.

Cheeeers,
Mike

Michael1991 wrote:

Thanks for all the help !!

I am in the GOZONE group on facebook just simply didnt think about asking there.... will do tomorrow !!

Anyway, thanks again guys and hope to see some of you on one of the meetings in future.

Cheeeers,
Mike

Your more likely to get an offer for an 'Indian Head Massage', 'Spiritual  Healing', or dog sitting on there!

Ray

Never sat on a dog, will think about it.

Thanks,
Mike