CaN my boyfriend parents sponsor me to get a fiance permit to norway

Hei everybody, im wonderin if my fiancee parents can sponsor me to get a fiancee visa to norway sine my boyfriend works only two days a week and gets some money from nav so his income is below, we have been together for 3 years and four months and i have been to norway 5 times on a tourist visa, any suggestions?  Thank you

are you sure you still want to come to Norway?  It does not look like your bf can support you financially.  cost of living is high in Norway and if you don't know norwegian, it is difficult to find a job.  Due to oil price crisis, a lot of companies are laying off people and unemployment rate is increasing.  You will be fighting job with a lot more people.

If you cannot find a job and work for 6 months, if you get pregnant, you don't get maternity benefits.  Eligibility for maternity benefits is based on the mother, irregardless whether the husband or father is norwegian or not.  If your husband or bf has been on social welfare benefits for so long, he might not be approved for paternity benefits too.

I know the norwegian language, my boyfriend has a two to three day job and he gets a little p from nav

hady fatish wrote:

I know the norwegian language, my boyfriend has a two to three day job and he gets a little p from nav

according to UDI, income from Nav doesn't count towards the income of the reference person:

https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/ … on-cases-/

there's also no mention in that page of being able to use your future spouse's parents as income support that I can find. Maybe it's worth looking into alternative types of visas you might apply for, such as a student or work visa?

I agree with ECS. An alternative visa would be a better option.

What if we get married first, will it be easier?

No. If he cannot support himself then he cannot support you. If he can't support you then you are unlikely to get a family immigration permit. Unfortunately, until he is earning enough money and isn't receiving benefits from NAV your best option is a different visa.

hady fatish wrote:

What if we get married first, will it be easier?

Even if you're married, he's still your reference person, so the link I posted above still applies, with the same rules about minimum income & not receiving NAV benefits. UDI DOES enforce this and being married isn't considered as a special consideration. I have heard plenty of stories from married people who wanted to move to Norway together but got rejected for not fulfilling the financial requirement. It sucks but it's better to know now before you spend time and money trying to file an application.