Getting married in norway

Hi everyone,
Hope you can help me im an au pair here in norway, and my boyfriend ask me to marry him well i said yes, but we dont know how is the process,. Do we need to process together or anyone of us can do it? The thing is he live so far on my place and my only time is during weekend. But all the documents that we needed is already ready.

I think you have to pass all your papers first in skatt and after that they will send you a paper that you can present it in kirke or rådhus.goodluck!!☺

Ohh thank you for answering, Is it okay if he is going alone to submit the papers in skatt at his place☺️?

Yes..he can mail your papers to skatt but you need to sign some papers from skatt too😃

We just need to print the pappers online? 😊
Thank you its a nig help for us this forum

Yes just print it out thru online.😃👍

Thank you 😇 😊

Lawrence Jacinto wrote:

Hi everyone,
Hope you can help me im an au pair here in norway, and my boyfriend ask me to marry him well i said yes, but we dont know how is the process,. Do we need to process together or anyone of us can do it? The thing is he live so far on my place and my only time is during weekend. But all the documents that we needed is already ready.

Hi! Congratulations on your engagement!  I used to work as an Au Pair too but went back home to the Philippines for a year now. Me and my boyfriend is currently applying for a fiance visa, hope everything will go through. Anyway, I have a cousin who is  currently working as an Au Pair in Alta and recently just got engaged. Her fiance is from Telemark, so they live an airplane ride away. They are going to get married on March even though her Au Pair contract will end by May. As for getting married, there's not much fuss about it. You just need to secure a Certificate of No Marriage (if you are from the Philippines) and other requirements needed from you by the kirke or rådhuset. You can get married as soon as you want.

The challenging part is acquiring a Fiance Visa in order for you to stay in Norway after your Au Pair visa expires. You need to talk this over with your host family first most especially if you are still bound by your Au Pair contract, so you can plan out when to quit, when to get married and when to apply for a fiance visa. If your Au Pair contract is going to end soon, I suggest you start applying for a fiance visa at least a month before your contract ends. This will give you a higher chance of not needing to go back to your homeland while you are waiting for your fiance visa approval.

I hope this helped! :)

P.S Everything you need to know, you will find in the UDI website: https://www.udi.no/en/

Ohh thank you and for the info, also congratulations also to you. yes i have a certificate of no marriage already, my contract will be ending by november.,

Hi,

I have a question related to getting married here in Norway. How long does it take before skat will give the go signal that we can get married? And how long does it take also to receive the marriage certificate from them? And when applying to UDI to renew the permit, are there documents that needed to be submitted to UDI that need to be authenticated in the PHilippines first even if I will apply for renewal here in Norway?

I am worried because my permit will expire this April and my Cenomar is still being authenticated by the DFA in Manila (it has expired). I want to make sure that I can catch up with time before my permit expires. I came here on a fiancee visa, by the way.

I hope you guys can enlighten me. Thanks!

Dianey07 wrote:

Hi,

I have a question related to getting married here in Norway. How long does it take before skat will give the go signal that we can get married? And how long does it take also to receive the marriage certificate from them? And when applying to UDI to renew the permit, are there documents that needed to be submitted to UDI that need to be authenticated in the PHilippines first even if I will apply for renewal here in Norway?

I am worried because my permit will expire this April and my Cenomar is still being authenticated by the DFA in Manila (it has expired). I want to make sure that I can catch up with time before my permit expires. I came here on a fiancee visa, by the way.

I hope you guys can enlighten me. Thanks!

Hi! As I have understood, you are already in Norway right? And you came there with a Fiance Visa? As far as I know, once you arrived in Norway after being granted with a Fiance Visa, you needed to get married within 6 months (Either in Norway or in the Philippines). After that, you have to apply for  a "Renewal of Your Family Immigration Permit with Your Spouse." You will find the details on this link below:
https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fam … #link-1180

If your Fiance Visa will expire on April, which is already in two months, then I guess you need to get married very soon . You can get married whether in the church or in the city hall, you just need to comply the basic requirements needed from you by the church or the city hall.

And so as to answer some of your questions:

* ...how long does it take also to receive the marriage certificate from them? I think you can get your marriage certificate right away after you get married there.

*...And when applying to UDI to renew the permit, are there documents that needed to be submitted to UDI that need to be authenticated in the PHilippines first even if I will apply for renewal here in Norway?I am quite sure you don't. You will just be asked for a photocopy of your passport, cover letter from the portal and other requirements you most probably have with you already. You may double check and click on the checklist on the link above. Most of the requirements are actually coming from your spouse. You will also be asked for your marriage contract which you will of course get from Norway

I hope this helped. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for the info. Will do. ;)

The latest I've seen someone receive the go signal from skatteetaten is as early as 5 working days. And as for the marriage certificate, you will receive one after the wedding ceremony. But the registered version of your marriage certificate will arrive in your post/mailbox between 7 days to 3 weeks.

Thank you Stephy! I hope I can also get the go signal as early as that. Crossing my fingers. 🤞🏼😁

When you have submitted all the documents needed to get married in norway, how long does it take for getting an answer to skattetaten

Someone I know received it after 5 days, and this was last month. I think it depends on how busy the municipality is, in your area.

When you have already recieve the papers is it fine that my fiance will go to give the papers  in the wedding official. Because im not in norway?

Or does it need that i have to go with him. Because im with my employer now and be back quite midst of march

Check with the office of your wedding official in your fiances area.Because here in our area booking of dates can be done online now and it is possible for only one of the partners to hand in the documents, which secures and confirms the date reserved online.

Hello. Does anyone here know how much is the Family Reunification fee? My fiance and I are getting married this month and i am wondering how much is it? We applied fiance visa here in Norway and we paid 8000 kr. I saw in UDI sight  10000 kr for first time application. This is what we are going to pay or 2600 kr because we already pay 8000 for the fiance visa?
Thank you in advance for the help!

All the answers and process are here:

Click- UDI:You have married your fiance

Click- UDI Fee

It is stated there:

Application for adults who already have a family immigration
permit (for example with their fiancé/e, and have married) -2600 kroner

Thank you so much Stephy25.☺

Thanks for helping me out everyone

Hi I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if/how I can get temporary residence visa after getting married on tourist visa in norway?

We can't apply for family immigration yet due to financial requirement.

Any info regarding this would be helpful thanks!

If you cannot meet the financial requirement then you have to go home, because that is a vital part of the requirement.

I have read in the udi about 2 kinds of family immigration and that immigration/permanent residence is different from getting a residence permit as a spouse and that the difference is the income requirement. I just wanted to know if you/anyone knows what it is. Thanks!

The type of residence/spouse visa that is given to applicants are all temporary visa at the start, which the person must renew until he/she is qualified to apply for a permanent one or a citizenship.

Click here- UDI definition: Temporary residence permit

This is the link for the residence permit as a spouse:

Click here- UDI: Spouse Visa

Which states whether it is spouse visa, cohabitant visa or fiance visa: The reference person must have an income of at least NOK 256 256 per year pre-tax.

And this visa will still have a required amount of income that your norwegian partner needs to meet, it is a crucial part of the application because it shows that he/she can support you while you integrate to system.

There may be special cases for the amount of income requirements if your partner is one of the following:
-a student
-retired
-has a disability and receives disability pension
-an asylum seeker

And you can check it here:Click here- UDI: Income requirement in family immigration cases

As for a permanent visa the rule has changed, whether married or not to a norwegian,
the applicant himself/herself must earn a certain amount of income and show that he/she  can provide for  him/herself.(unless you are abused by the spouse, an asylum seeker, a student, or is included to the exemption)

This is the required income for the applicant (not including any support or income from/of the norwegian/norway resident husband/wife) if he/she will apply for a permanent visa after holding a temporary residence permit for 3 years or more:

Click here- UDI definition: Requirement to financially support yourself in order to get a permanent residence permit

In addition to this there are 10( 11 if you include the others in the option) types/grounds of family immigration permit and not 2. Which you can check in the link below.

Click here- UDI: Family immigration

Do not worry, I am fully aware of the difference between a temporary and a permanent visa. It is just that based on what you wrote here, you are married and I assume to a norwegian or someone who is a resident in Norway which means the visa that you will apply for is on grounds of family immigration as spouse which is if you get granted is basically a type of temporary visa.

It will also be nice if you can share the links that you have read in the udi, so that everyone here can specifically see/understand which visas you are pertaining to. This will  make it easier for us to help you and research with you.

Of course I am not claiming that there is no other way if you do not meet the requirements of UDI, so in case what you have read is what  you think applies to your case then go for it and apply for that visa. Best of luck in your application.

Thank you very much for this very detailed response! Although this is what I saw that confused me..

https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/ … ence-card/

Which says that “Some applicants who have family in Norway can choose between applying for a family immigration permit or a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals.”

Also, it says that:

If applying for residence card,

“The reference person does not have to have the same level of income as when you apply for a family immigration permit.” (Which is NOK 256 256 per year pre-tax)

The “income” they're talking about is what I'm curious about. They didn't say anything about it. But maybe I'm just confused 🤣

As I have read on the UDI website this option that you have read may apply to you if you meet certain criteria. Based on my understanding and from some situation of other applicants, the statement on the website which says:

"Some applicants who have family in Norway can choose between applying for a family immigration permit or a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals"

This is a resident card that applies  for those who have family in Norway, which means they might not be norwegian citizens but citizen of other countries in EA/EEA/nordic nationals or you and the norwegian citizen have lived outside norway for a while.

As you can see if you try answering the customized "want to apply" form/links in the udi website, the option should come up for you to apply for a resident card if based on your selections it applies to your situation.

For example here:
1. If you select the following:  reference person is a norwegian, have not lived in an EA/EEA country. You will be directed to this page which only has one option, such as the link.

Click here- UDI: Family immigration

2.If you select the following:  reference person is a norwegian/nordic citizen, have lived in an EA/EEA country together. You will be directed to this page which has 2 option, such as the link. But take note of the requirement for the referene person in there for the residence card:

Click here- UDI: Family immigration or residence card
- You must be a Norwegian citizen who has lived on a permanent basis together with the applicant in another EU/EEA country.
-You must have been an employee, self-employed person or student in this EU/EEA country, or have lived there with sufficient funds of your own.
-You must have moved to Norway together with the applicant.
-If you are a student, self-employed, or live in Norway with sufficient funds, you must show that you are able to support the both of you.

3. If you select:  reference person is a citizen of sweden,finland,denmark, iceland which are nordic countries. you will be given 2 options.

Click here- UDI:Family immigration or residence card

There is no required income for the residence card but you have to Click here- To check in UDI website if you qualify for this residence card scheme.

If I have explained or understood it wrong, I hope anyone here can correct me.

Thank you very much maam!

Hi i just want to ask some advise if which is the best way to do, i am currently aupair in Denmark and i have a boyfriend which is norwegian, he is currently a student at the same time he has job... My question is isn't possible to get marry while i have still an aupair visa or i need to wait for applying fiancée to get married?
Your advise is a big help and appreciated.