Essentials to live in Taiwan

Hi,

As an expat living in Taiwan, what would you advise the ones about to pack to bring along?

What are the items you can easily find in Taiwan? On the other hand, what is less common or quite expensive?

Share with us what you would recommend to bring in one's suitcase or container when moving to Taiwan.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Spices, if you cook, your favorite deodorant or shaving blades (guys). Popcorn in the rough, I haven't found any that didn't come with yellow goop...Store to find western stuff Fingas, Top city (B3?), Jason's (B2) at Chung Yo dept store. Contact if at a loss, sorry, I'm a foodie

Ive been here for six months, another 5 to go. In a out doors person and I debated bringing my sleeping bag and bed roll. Im a pretty basic kiwi and have found them invaluable if you need to get into the mountains. but I have found having them great to throw the sleeping bag on my bed in this cold weather and my bed roll on my rock hard matress in my apartment. its made the world of difference.
im in a smaller rual part of Taiwan....and went to hongkong over holidays and found bacon and eggs....i was so happy i cried... was little thing, so id say bring some reminders of home eg a calender, home jewlery....and it was hard to find waxstrips to star with. and when i asked my co teacher the word got out and it became embarsing.....!×
George from Douliu.

Tampons- they only have - 1 brand here - ob .There are no other tampon brands here that I know of. Deoderant spray( perfume kind).