5 good reasons for living in Taiwan

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Taiwan, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

5 good reasons for living in Taiwan:
1. Where I live, everything is within walking distance of less than 10 minutes and public transportation is great. (Convenience)
2. Taiwanese are generally friendly and service-oriented.
3. Safety
4.There is city life and country life.
5. This may not apply to everybody, but I have the best work boss in the world!

1. The incredible natural beauty (and even living in the city, it is very quick and easy to get to the beach, mountains, etc.)
2. The convenience of daily life (most things are within easy walking/biking distance, and you can do almost anything you need--pay bills, buy tickets to concerts, pay traffic tickets, buy an MRT card, etc.--at 7-11)
3. The warm and friendly people
4. The safety (as a woman, I have no worries about going for a jog in the park at 10 pm--totally safe)
5. There are always lots of fun things to do: restaurants, markets, beaches, parks, shopping, festivals, cultural events, museums, etc., etc.

sincerelyeileen wrote:

1. The living standard. In Taiwan, I am finally out of poverty. I live in a great neighborhood for once in my life.
2. I can't drive but due to public transportation, I feel like I can finally be independent.
3. Health insurance. I am amazed. I no longer have to wait out my colds and "hope for the best."
4. The landscape diversity in such a small country. You can go the beach, hike, and enjoy the city life.
5. Taiwanese are generally friendly.

It sounds perfect in there! In some points, island is better than the mainland. If I have chance I must feel the moment in there. Good for you for real and i am so jealous of you!

1) Inspiring and breathtaking
2) Safeness
3) Tastiness
4) Friendliness
5) Conveniences

1. Ease of living; the transportation system is fantastic if you can figure it out, and the cost of living is so much less than in Western countries.

2. Acceptance of foreigners; from what I've seen, the Taiwanese are extremely open to accepting and befriending foreigners. Never met with prejudice yet.

3. As everyone else has said, the people here are very friendly and open, much less reserved than in other Asian countries, and there's not much of the polite system you might find in Japan and Korea.

4. Good food! I don't know about everyone else, but I seriously love the food here.

5. Culture; the culture here is very diverse, owing to the many aboriginal tribes. The people from there are very expressive and have an amazing culture of singing, dancing, and having fun. And there are plenty of tourist attractions around the island, from Taipei to Kanting.

I can't speak for others who live in different parts of Taiwan, but here are my top 5 reasons for living in Hualien:
#1 - got very tired of the long Canadian winters
#2 - clean air, clean water & beautiful surroundings
#3 - excellent medical with prompt access
#4 - my loonie goes a long way here
#5 - I can drive and park right in front of the 10 courts tennis complex here in Hualien, and play all day if I want, for a lousy $60us annual membership fee.

yes, cant agree more.
that's my dream to live there after retiring:D

Hi, dear there

Just want to say u observed this country(Taiwan)very well.
It's amazing and feel happy to know how a foreigner described my country,Taiwan. Is there any advices for this place and people?

a new member, Peter, who live in Taiwan

Hi Peter,

Please note that the title of this topic is "5 good reasons for living in Taiwan".

If you have info, please do not hesitate to share with us.

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

Thanks,Christine, for reminding me about the topic. I have never joined this kind of website group before. Guess need some time to know more how to use it and follow the rules. Thanks again! By the way, the photo of you looks so nice and lovely, make people feel warm and happy!

Best wishes!

Peteryu

If you cant find your self in asian food , its hard to live so i cant live with asian food

I cammed to taiwan as tourist .,

Advantages ,
Safety
Transport easy
Beaches - are out of taipeih need train to take with max 7 hours to reach extreme south .

Disadvantages
English - many of people cant speak even restaurant .
Many restaurant dont have drinks you need to bring it for 7-11 .
The food is terrible i hate asian food . I just eat western - and indian food only . Nothing else and i dont try because i know the answer :)