Family Members Want To Come In Brazil Under Family Reunion Programe

Dear James,
Hope you will be fine and enjoying good health there.
i came to know if a person has become  Brazilian citizen or he is permanent resident then he can bring his family members in Brazil under family reunion program,,For this purpose permanent resident need to write an Affidavit (termo de responabilidade and manutencao) to provide to those family memebers to submit in Brazil embassy to get  VIPER visa.

In my case i have become permanent resident of Brazil.i have two brothers,My one brother is married and another is still single in Pakistan,but my two brothers want to come here in Brazil under Family reunion policy.
i have read list of required documents which my brothers need to submit in Brazil embassy islamabad Pakistan,but in list it is written that family memberS also need to provide affidavit of being single.
i wan to ask Two questions from you,,,

1-What i need to write in affidavit (termo de responsabilidade e manutencao) and how can i make it?
2-Can my my married brother is eligible to come here under family reunion process?if yes then how can he exempt to provide affidavit of being single?Moreover he want to come here in Brazil without wife..

Hello sadim chaudhary,

This is the problem when people get only partial and incorrect information about immigration processes in Brazil, they jump to the wrong conclusions.

The concession of permanência definitiva com base em reunião familiar is governed by CNIg Resolução Normativa No. 108/2014.

It is a very restrictive piece of legislation, and actually NEITHER of your brothers would qualify for permanency through family reunion.

If you read  Art. 2 § III, you will note that a brother, grandson or great grandson, must be an orphan, single and a minor (under 18 years of age), or any age if proven (due to disability) is incapable of providing for their own care and support.

RESOLUÇÃO NORMATIVA Nº 108, DE 12 DE FEVEREIRO DE 2 014

Sorry, but considering the information you have provided applications for neither of them would even be considered.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Dear James..i am sending you a copied page of requirements which i have read on official website of Brazil embassy in Pakistan.You can reconsider all below requirements and then tell me what can be done..

Permanent visa for family reunion

Brazilian documents must be attested by Notary Public in Brazil.

1. Who can apply:

Immediate family member of a Brazilian citizen or a permanent resident in Brazil.

2. Documents required:

Copy of ID card of the family member who lives in Brazil.
Affidavit (Termo de responsabilidade e manutenção), written by the family member who lives in Brazil and notarized by Notary Public in Brazil.
Marriage certificate. If the marriage was celebrated in Brazil, the document must be attested in Brazil. Marriage celebrated in Pakistan must be registered with the Embassy.
Other family members must provide proof of the relationship (Birth Certificate, etc).
Copy of passport on A4-size paper (please, do not cut down to size)
Police Character Certificate attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Affidavit proving of being single attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
If divorced, divorced deed attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Colored Copy of passport on A4-size paper
Birth Certificate attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

That may be what it says on the Consulado-Geral's website, but what I linked to in my posting is the LAW that pertains to Family Reunion.

Believe me I write, read and speak Portuguese better than most Brazilians do, so I know exactly what Resolução Normativa No. 108/2014 is all about. It is designed primarily for now adult children who wish to bring their elderly parents or parents wishing to bring their now adult children to Brazil. "Immediate Family" in terms of Brazilian law means husband / wife / children - so if the father or mother is permanent then all of their children would qualify. The same is NOT true for brothers except under the circumstances outlined in the law. The law IS NOT intended for entire extended families to gain entry to Brazil by having only one of them obtain permanency. 

For brothers to be eligible under the terms of Family Reunion they must be orphans, single and minors. If over 18 years of age they must be incapable to care for or support themselves. Please read the law I linked to it is quite clear.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

thanks James.Now i have find out right track a bout my confusion