Quito's Cafes

If you know a good cafe please recommend.

Le Grand Cafe , next to Supercines, on 6 decimbre. Offers piping hot coffee which is rare in Quito. What's nice about this place is that it's quiet, no music, and a nice place to get your caffeine fix before shopping at Megamaxi or watching a movie next door.

Also the coffee is just right (relative),  not burnt like Starbucks, or Juan Valdez Cafe in Quito. 1.20 medium , 1.50 grande. If you're taking out, across the street is a simple bakery with delicious Croissants, half the price that Cyrano charges.

Definitely time to update this thread. Looking back I wrongly criticized Juan Valdez, because that café has been consistently good ever since, especially the cappuccino, tortas, pies, and cakes. Grand café that I raved about above is only good for the Americano, their cappuccino is tiny for $2.50 and for comparison the Juan Valdez is $3.20 for the grande but you get twice as much.

One café I aso love is called Europa café and it’s right next to the Dann Carlton, a cappuccino costs $3, and it is superb. The ambiance is nice with indoor and outdoor seating, and they have nice little menu. I think it’s actually part of the Carlton, not sure but their sugar packages state so. It’s a little pricey but a nice place nonetheless.

I’m usually not negative but Cassave and I think they have several branches throughout the city is simply horrendous when it comes to cappuccinos. They have nice yogurt, but they currently have a promotion for an unbelievable 2x1 as in two $1.60 cappuccinos for the price of one, we tried it this evening while walking about, and we watered Carlolina park’s grass with what we were served.  Just awful! I mean just hot water, with a bit of milk, a hint of coffee and watery yack!

That’s Quito, if it’s too good to be true then it is, but who would’ve thought a popular place like Cassave.

Questions and answers about Quito

Ask your question
Carolina Park Renovation
By vsimple
By alikim
Ethic Food Restaurants in Quito
By vsimple
Wow! Quito in expensive. And know Spanish.
By amerexpatteacher
I need a nanny for my 3-years kid.
By pabgime

Expatriate health insurance in Quito

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Quito

Moving to Quito

Find tips from professionals about moving to Quito

Travel insurance in Quito

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Quito

Flights to Quito

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Quito